What's new

Universal UK Agree to Replace R2 BTTF! (1 Viewer)

James Reader

Screenwriter
I've posted this on Ron's main 'BTTF FIX' thread in the software forum, but it is in danger of being overlooked in such a large thread so have duplicated here, where it is probably more relevant.
So all my letter writing did pay off! :)
See here
Apparently a few copies of the remastered film are already available, with more on their way soon.
However, this statement doesn't seem right... if they were already going to the trouble of remastering the film wouldn't they have already announced the exchange? Or at least replied to one of my letters?
Edited to fix broken URL

BenjaminG

Stunt Coordinator
Hmmm. Most interesting. I hope they replace the R4 DVD's, too. Well, they are exactly the same disc after all.

stephen^wilson

Stunt Coordinator
It would seem that the only people who will not have corrected versions of BTTF 2 and 3 are region 2 owners who bought the region 1 versions.So,if I want the corrected discs I will have to buy the set again.FANTASTIC.

James Reader

Screenwriter
Just EBAY it Stephen - advertise it as "rare misprint OOP" and watch the money for the corrected replacement roll-in :)

James Reader

Screenwriter
Bad News for R2
We've heard this morning from a couple of readers who sent their flawed BTTF discs in for replacement to Universal that the distributor has rung them up saying they don't know anything about the BTTF aspect ratio problems and have no plans to replace any discs. This is after a Customer Sales agent confirmed with me on the phone earlier this week (unfortunately the relevant PR exec is away for a month...) that Universal WAS aware of the problem and that they would be replacing discs. Universal are looking into what's going on as we speak, but in the meantime I can only advise anyone who hasn't yet sent their discs in to hold fire until I can update you on just how far Universal has lost the plot. Jeez...

Jussi Tarvainen

Second Unit
I live in Finland and I ordered the R1 set from Canada... I'm still confident that Amazon.ca will be able to process an exchange for me once the replacement sets become available. If not, then I don't what the hell I'm going to do. I WILL NOT tolerate the screwed up versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks