What's new

Universal: Total Axcess web site - not a good idea (1 Viewer)

Dave Lyons

Stunt Coordinator
I guess I'll cast my vote too : :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: Stupid idea!
I happen to have high-speed access, but I'm still not at all interested in "web" features on DVDs. Basically we'll have to watch a small, poor quality presentation while probably being bombarded with advertising ... and, as pointed out above, the links we'll stop working altogether eventually and we'll be out of luck ...

Paul D Young

Second Unit
I wanted to quote somebody in this thread but since everyone said it so perfect for me I will just say:
"Please see the above comments for my opinion."

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
If the content is not on the disk, it is not a feature. When the web server containing those "extras" files gets shut down, we won't be able to access them. Still, our Amaray or gatefold case will claim them as features forever. Avoid the future trivial lawsuits by putting all of the content on the disk being sold.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Please provide the bonus material on the DVDs. Although I have a DVD Rom Drive and high speed internet access, I still prefer the meat of the disc to be accessible on my set top box. Leave internet extras to bonuses you might offer down the road. Look to Star Wars Episode I for a good example for an online/DVD-Rom strategy. Yours is flawed.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Universal: See if you can understand this one....
No money = Universal
Money = bootleg

If you don't give the consumer what they want they will go elsewhere. If it can be streamed on the internet it can be ripped onto DVD. I am the last person who will buy a bootleg but if I have no choice then I have no choice. This is a reality and Universal..... you need to get a clue!@!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks