What's new

Universal - The People Under The Stairs SE DVD (1 Viewer)

Ken_Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Universal,
I would like you to release a fully-loaded Special Edition (or better yet, Ultimate Edition) DVD of the movie, The People Under The Stairs. This is one of Wes Craven's best movies ever (in fact, I think it runs neck-to-neck with New Nightmare as his best movie ever), and I'd love to see a DVD with an anamorphic widescreen transfer (I don't know the aspect ratio, but hopefully it's in 2.35:1), Dolby Digital Surround Sound 5.1, and a lot of nice extras, like a Commentary, Making-Of Featurette, Still Galleries, and other cool stuff.
Please release The People Under The Stairs on DVD Universal!
[Edited last by Ken_Jones on August 07, 2001 at 02:34 AM]

Lafe F

Second Unit
The People Under The Stairs would make a nice release. This movie is on my list of most-wanted-titles. I would like to see a release of this onto DVD.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I had read it was coming out this year, but nothing happened. I would love to see this movie on DVD as it is one of my favorties from wes craven. And I believe that the aspect ratio is 1:85.1, but don't quote me on that.

Will K

Screenwriter
Vote. I'd like to see a SE with the alternate ending and the gruesome bits Craven to trim to appease the lovely MPAA. Universal, please stop wasting your efforts on these clunky UE's and get back to basics.
------------------
unratedbanner.JPG

"We'd better not risk a frontal assault. That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur 93.2 AD

BradC

Grip
Count me in on this one. I'd snag a copy of The People Under The Stairs in a heartbeat.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Oh My God!
I thought I was the only one that liked this movie!
Count me in!

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
This film is a real sleeper. I would love a SE...damn, I'd be happy with just a bare bones release.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
I would glady get it if comes out. I loved that movie when it came out and who could forget characters like Roach and the old white guy with the leather outfit.
------------------

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Assuming it is in OAR and is 16x9 enhanced, I'd pre-order a copy for sure.

No OAR = No Sale

Ken_Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, Universal, please put release this movie in it's OAR, make it anamorphic and 16x9 enhanced. Then slap on a lot of extras (like a making-of featurette, audio/video commentary track, deleted scenes, etc.) and you have the definitive version of this classic!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks