What's new

UNIVERSAL: The Fast and the Furious UNCUT (1 Viewer)

Jason_S

Stunt Coordinator
According to the specs given by DVDfile.com it appears that "The Fast and the Furious" was edited in order to appease the MPAA. If this is the case, then I propose that UNIVERSAL release a separate version of "The Fast and the Furious" in its original, UNEDITED, director's-cut form.
On this UNCUT version of "The Fast and the Furious", I would like to see (no, hear) a DTS track @ a full, 1509Kbps audio bit-rate in the new DTS 96/24 format. If the movie was recorded with a rear-surround channel, which I do not believe it was, please add DTS-ES Discrete 6.1.
Universal, please dedicate all of the space on a dual-layer DVD disc to ONLY these three items: 1) the UNCUT version of the film, 2) a full bit-rate, 96kHz/24-bit DTS 5.1 soundtrack, and 3) the obligatory Dolby track (preferably 2.0 surround). If I want extras I will buy the other version, and I don't have a problem buying both.
[Edited last by Jason_S on October 01, 2001 at 05:28 PM]

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
Uh Jason...
That sounds great, but what about us poor people who would like to see the full unedited version of the film but DON'T HAVE A DTS CONVERTER YET?!!!!!!!!!!!
Are we supposed to have to make due with a lousy 2.0 Dolby soundtrack...something doesn't make sense here.
Oh yeah, and I want extras, so I DON'T have to buy more than one disc.
Thanks.
-Nate
------------------
"This is not a drill. This is the apocolypse!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks