1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

universal system selector for HD xbox games???

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BrianEK, Jan 29, 2004.

Tags:
  1. BrianEK

BrianEK Stunt Coordinator

I saw this universal system selector pro made by pelican for $100. The big thing about it is that it has like 3 or 5 component video inputs and I could use it cause my tv only has 2 cv inputs, but i want to hook up 4 things to it. I don't know if anybody has any info on this but I want to know if it's able to pass 1080i HD resolution through the component in/outputs. There is a difference between standard and hd capable component inputs and I don't know which one this has. I would think it's HD capable since some xbox games are 1080i or 720p. Does anyone know? or if nobody does could someone tell me what xbox games are 1080i so I can test it myself.

2. BrianEK

BrianEK Stunt Coordinator

3. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    I just bought the selector and I'm passing my Comcast 5100 HD cable box thru it with no problem

4. Dean Martin

Dean Martin Stunt Coordinator

I have that selector and it works well. I have read reviews that say it really does not have the bandwith for HD. I don't see a difference myself.

5. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

If you search for "selector" you'll get a couple threads about it.

-Dave

6. Parker

Parker Agent