What's new

Universal Studios catalog titles.... (1 Viewer)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
kinda disappointed in Universal this year.
i thought they had turned a corner last year, with the Noirs, and the Monster Legacy's, and all the frnachise collections...but for some reason they seem to be slowing down rather than picking up speed (at least as far as movies are concerned).

still hoping for some 50s sci fi movies, some Hammers would be nice, and i would love to see a "Tammy" Franchise Collection, and more Noir (looks like it won't be this year since they missed the July solicitations), and all those great Paramount titles...oh well

guess i should just thank them for saving me money this year

ReggieW

Screenwriter
Also...

The Generic uniform artwork on those Hitchcock's are TERRIBLE. I eventually sought out the first DVD issues of Vertigo and Psycho on ebay since they utlized the original artwork. I wish they would've stuck with this concept instead. That is the really cool thing with Warner DVD's...they use the original one-sheets/lobby cards for the artwork whenever possible. Just another small gripe.

-Reg

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
I wish Universal would do at least two items - a reissure of the John Wayne film the Conqueror - anamorphic and the original 4.0 - and Rodgers adn Hammersteins Flower Drum Song.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
I'd like to see a re-release of Matinee, which is one of the out-of-print Image titles that is back with Universal now. It's also one of Joe Dante's best films, in my opinion.

While their at it, it'd be nice to finally get Death Becomes Her in OAR.

And as others have mentioned, some of the Hammer films Universal owns would be cool, too. They should at least put out The Evil of Frankenstein, as it is, I believe, the only Hammer Frankenstein movie that hasn't been released on DVD yet.

Actually, all of these could be probably put out together as part of a big horror promotion (even though Matinee and Death are much more comedy than horror, they do have elements of the macabre).

Vincent-P

Second Unit
I agree with both Matinee (a film I loved as a kid) and Death Becomes Her (I want to complete my Robert Zemeckis collection)...

But the film I most want to see Univeraal release/reissue is Mystery Science Theatre 3000: The Movie, another casualty from OOP Image licenses. I really want at least an anamorphic transfer and deleted scenes (there was a whole lot of stuff cut from the ending that I know of, with Scrotor coming out of the Interocitor and attacking Dr. Forrester), but would also love commentary and featurettes and the like.

BRING ON MST3K!

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
i've been thinking a lot about Matinee for some reason lately.
i'm pretty confident that Universal will get around to putting out their own copy of it (anamorphic this time) and probably throwing in the Mant film that they had on the laserdisc as an extra.
they re did Dracula last year, out of the blue (very nicely too i might add) and gave it a fair number of little supplements, so i wouldn't be surprised to see Matinee.

i've got the Image disc but will happily upgrade if and when.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
It'd be REALLY cool if they put out This Island Earth and Mystery Science Theater together! I kept meaning to buy both of those at the same before they disappeared.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks