What's new

Universal starts to reissue now-OOP Image DVD titles. (1 Viewer)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
DVD File announced that a ton of Universal Bob Hope films will be coming to DVD soon that were originally put out my image. It looks like new tranfers with some extras will be the "SE" versions.

I hope this is the start of Universal putting out quality discs of the ones they originally gave to Image to work with (MST3K: TM, Marx Bros., Double Indemmity anyone?)

Esten

Supporting Actor
I heard a Carpenter/Piper commentary was recorded for 'They Live!',so i hope this is a possible Special Edition in the future.

Greg Black

Second Unit
The day that I can hold an honest-to-goodness Flash Gordon special edition in my hand, complete with a fully restored anamorphic transfer, commentary with the principal actors, and some nice behind the scenes footage and/or documentaries (if possible), will be the day that I actually forget all about the possibility of having the Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and Back to the Future trilogies on DVD.
Well, for that one day anyway :D

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Universal is releasing a box set of the Bob Hope/Bing Crosby road movies on 3/5. A couple of these were previous Image releases.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
And also a nice copy of The Seven Percent Solution. The original Image copy was grainy and not OAR. IIRC this was the FIRST DVD released by Image for Universal.

Kenneth English

Second Unit
Just got their new edition of DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS and it's great (good anamorphic transfer + director commentary!)! Here's hoping it's an indicator of things to come.
** Oops. Just realized the header says "Universal". Oh well. MGM did a great job with this former Image title so my comments still apply. Sort of... ;)

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I'd like to see Prince of Darkness, They Live, and Andromeda Strain re-released by Universal as special editions.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
While there is little wrong with Fahrenheit 451 or Slaughterhouse 5, new anamorphic transfers from the same elements would be awesome. I'd also like to see a better version of Silent Running.

ErikG

Senior HTF Member
SE's I'd like to see:
Flash Gordon
Prince of Darkness
Ghost Story
Cat People

Rollie

Stunt Coordinator
FLASH!.....AHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
He'll save every one of us!
OH YEAH we need this bad!
Demon Knight would be cool too.
But, I've got four words for ya: Duck Soup: Collector's Edition.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Hooray, now it possible to have Mystery Science Theater 3000 the movie be in it entirely that was edited out in the past(scenes like the chainsaw scene and meteror shower), along with a possible commentary over commentary(it would be cool).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks