Universal starts psuedo rental pricing

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Larry Gardner, Mar 5, 2002.

1. Larry Gardner

Larry Gardner Stunt Coordinator

Nov 1, 2000
    According to www.dvdfile.com, Universal will release On The Edge in May at a new psuedo rental price window of 32.95.
    Extras are the basic for an Universal title - trailer, cast and crew, production notes.
    Even will price reductions - this disc will be over 20.00 maybe even 25.00 at retail.
    I really am not familiar with this title - so it's safe to say I won't be buying this.
    Now with Brewster's Millions and Which Way Is Up coming out as a non-anamorphic letterbox Goodtimes version - Universal is really saving me money!
  2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Aug 3, 2001
    That price point is nothing new for Universal. They still have DVD's around from the first year they released them which STREET for anywhere from $27.99 to $32.99, depending on the retailer.
    That's because they're based on SRP's of anywhere from $34.99 to $39.99.
    Several of those items came down in price recently (Field of Dreams just this past week!).
    Other titles involved (I don't recall if all of these have had markdowns yet or not, but I'm *sure* that not all of them have) include Dante's Peak, American Graffiti, The Blues Brothers, and The Last Starfighter.
    For Universal it's nothing new...it's just business as usual. [​IMG]