What's new

Universal Shows - List of other shows they own, pre 1990 (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Originally Posted by Jeff Willis

It's typical for this poster. We've seen it for years here, under alias'es, condescending posts, about "100 inch" TV's, and how some shows are "terrible", stating as if that's a fact and not one opinion, lectures about how "cheap" we are, since we don't buy DVD's at prices that were norm in the "old days", etc.... oh yeah, also how dumb we all are for not compiling our own store room of 80's VHS tapes and haven't taped every show that's aired since.... 1970?

His posting style reminds me of that of two posters who have long since been suspended and never posted at the same time.

vincefan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Amy
Originally Posted by Point-Blank
Thanks so much for your post. I needed a good laugh. I also thank the other posters for their support.

Thanks for your mini-review, but since you once posted how funny you thought THE MOTHERS-IN-LAW was, I'll take a pass on this critique as well.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Gary "Uni definitely has some shows I'd like to see completed, and others I wouldn't mind at least sampling" O.

Same here. The last two examples for me are State Trooper and Coronado 9. I had never heard of these shows before, but took a chance on them because I had read they were from the 50's. I enjoyed both shows and hope Timeless continues to release shows like these from this earlier era of television.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
I'm not listing their post-1990 shows, basically because they aren't of any interest to me. If I get some free time at a later date I may put them up in another post. But for the time being, here are the shows I did not list in my first Universal posting. These are the shows whose release likelihood falls under slim and none. Oh, and I forgot on the last list Bionic Woman, 6 Million Dollar Man and Black Sheep Squadron but those are coming out.

87th Precinct
Adventure Theatre
Kit Carson
Alias Smith and Jones
Almost Grown
Aloha Paradise
Amy Prentiss
Arrest and Trial
BL Stryker
Banacek
Biff Baker USA
Blacke's Magic
New Bob Cummings Show
Broadside
Buckskin
Bustin' Loose
Calvin and the Colonel
Channing
Chase
Checkmate
Christine Cromwell
Cimarron City
City Detective
City of Angels
Class of '65
Cliffhangers
Code Name: Foxfire
Coming of Age
The Contender
Convoy
Cool Million
Coronado 9
Court Martial
The Crusader
The DA
The DA's Man
Darkroom
Delta House
Delvecchio
The Deputy
Destry
Doctor's Hospital
Domestic Life
The Duke
Eddie Capra Mysteries
Ellery Queen
Family Holvak
A Family Man
Faraday
Fast Times
Fay
Fitz and Bones
Follow that Man
Four Seasons
Frontier Circus
Gemini Man
George Burns Comedy Week
Get Christie Love
Gideon Oliver
Going My Way
Good Time Harry
Griff
H.E.L.P.
Hard Copy
Harris and Company
Hawaiian Heat
Hec Ramsey
He's The Mayor
Holmes and Yo Yo
The Insiders
The Investigators
The Invisible Man
It's A Man's World
Jean Arthur Show
Jigsaw
John Forsythe Show
Johnny Midnight
Johnny Staccato
Kingston: Confidential
Knight & Daye
Lanigan's Rabbi
Law and Harry McGraw
Legmen
Leo and Liz in Beverly Hills
Little Women
Lucas Tanner
Madigan
Man and the City
Markham
Matt Lincoln
McCoy
Men
Men from Shiloh
Misfits of Science
Mr. Terrific
Mobile One
Mrs Columbo
Munsters Today (Worst Show in TV History!)
My Secret Indentity
Nasty Boys
New Lassie
New Leave it to Beaver
90 Bristol Court
Nobody's Perfect
O'Hara, US Treasurer
On Trial
Operation Petticoat
Oregon Trail
Otherworld
Outlaws
The Outsider
The Outsiders
Overland Trail
Paris 7000
The Partners
Phyl and Mikhy
Pistols and Petticoats
Pride of the Family
Private Eye
Probe
Ray Milland Show
Restless Gun
Richie Brockelman
Riverboat
Road West
Rosemary Clooney Show
Rosetti and Ryan
Sara
Sarge
Semi-Tough
Shannon
Shirley
Shotgun Slade
Sierra
Sirota's Court
Sixth Sense
Snoop Sisters
Soldiers of Fortune
Sons and Daughters
Special Agent 7
State Trooper
Stone
Street Hawk
Sunshine
The Survivors
Suspense Theatre
Suspicion
Sword of Justice
Tales of the Gold Monkey
The Tall Man
Tammy
Tenafly
Together We Stand
Toma
Turnabout
Universal Startime
Voyagers
Wayne and Shuster
When The Whistle Blows
Whispering Smith
Whiz Kids
Wide Country
A Year in the Life
Yes Yes Nanette
Timeless had been a savior in releasing some of those shows on DVD, and my twin brother and I have been fortunate to buy those sets.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Owned by Universal and with a whopping total of 11 episodes, Cliffhangers from 1979 would make a great tv series release from Kino.

or, from Madman in Australia, who gave us Darkroom...

I'm willling to wager that this series has (likely) never been converted to digital. Hec, it might never have been transferred to tape at all, as it was surely broadcast from film at the time, and probably had limited foreign distribution after cancellation.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean

I'm willling to wager that this series has (likely) never been converted to digital. Hec, it might never have been transferred to tape at all, as it was surely broadcast from film at the time, and probably had limited foreign distribution after cancellation.

An Australian release would be welcome!

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer

You were most undoubtedly thinking of Hec Ramsey!

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack

The last episode with the concluding segments of "Secret Empire" and "Stop Susan Williams" only aired overseas.

WendyCR

Stunt Coordinator
While not available domestically in Region 1 USA DVD format, The Law and Harry McGraw is on DVD in France, Region 2 format (and yes, does have an English soundtrack in addition to French; only French subtitles, though!).

Here is a link to the listing at the Amazon France site:

The Law and Harry McGraw DVD set

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
While not available domestically in Region 1 USA DVD format, The Law and Harry McGraw is on DVD in France, Region 2 format (and yes, does have an English soundtrack in addition to French; only French subtitles, though!).

I absolutely hate that forced subtitles seems to be inevitable on any releases from France. The Frenchies have lost several sales from me for that very reason. Don't understand why they wouldn't do like Germany and offer English-language shows in the original language with a subtitles-off option, for film purists (like how some US customers refuse to buy English-dubbed Japanese movie), and for "other region" customers.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack

Law and Harry McGraw was also released in Australia in R4.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks