What's new

Universal sets July release dates on four catalog titles (1 Viewer)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Universal is pressing forward on release dates with four catalog titles.

Although previously announced, it is nice to see release dates on these titles, and WOW:D , one has TrueHD. Too bad it isn't Streets of Fire:frowning:

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Scent of a Woman, & In Good Company look like buys for me. Can't figure out Universal's audio strategy but I'm glad their producing some good HDs.

norrisMc

Stunt Coordinator
I'm really glad to see "SCENT OF A WOMAN" and "STREETS OF FIRE" coming to HiDef.

"STREETS OF FIRE" should look GREAT in HiDef. It is such a stylish and visual film and yes, I agree, they should have had Dolby True HD on that title.

Any ideas of extras ?

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Maybe Scent of a Woman in this batch. Do all the titles previously announced back in March now have official dates?

I'm very interested in what catalog titles Universal has planned for August through Dec. Hopefully a big helping of some Hitchcock and a few Classic Monster titles somewhere in the near future.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
None for me, those are all weak titles. Come on Universal give us something better.

norrisMc

Stunt Coordinator

Sorry, I can't agree with that.

I'll be getting "BOURNE IDENTITY", "SCENT OF A WOMAN", "IN GOOD COMPANY" and "STREETS OF FIRE".

All four are decent films IMHO.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott

For July, titles from the list without a date yet are Hot Fuzz, Shawn of the Dead, Deliver Us From Eva, Darkman, Cat In The Hat and Sea of Love. All of these have cover art up at the "Coming Soon" section of the official site except for Deliver Us From Eva and Cat In The Hat

August the only title on the list was Heroes: Season 1 so who knows what they have planned.

Then in September, The Last Starfighter, Legend, Battlestar Galactica: Season One, For the Love of the Game, Knocked Up, Evening, The Getaway: Unrated, Patch Adams, Cat People.

Dracula and Frankenstein Legacy Series on HD DVD would be nice around Halloween.:emoji_thumbsup:

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Why are Universal thinking it's a good idea to release the sequels first? I'm not going to buy The Bourne Supremacy until they release The Bourne Identity. Hell, I might as well wait until they release the complete trilogy of the Bourne films.
I'd buy Scent of a Woman. But I'd need to watch it again before making a final decision for purchase.
I'm totally going to buy Darkman, The Last Starfighter and LEGEND. For LEGEND, I'm still going to keep my Ultimate Edition DVD.;)

Michael Flynn

Stunt Coordinator
When I jump ship, Streets of Fire will be mine, even if that cover art is there. Yuck.

Will definitely grab Darkman too.

norrisMc

Stunt Coordinator

"STREETS OF FIRE" and "DARKMAN" for me too.

I actually like the "STREETS OF FIRE" cover art. What is wrong with it? Diane Lane looks gorgeous !

"LEGEND"... hmm... I love parts of this film, but other parts annoy me. Do you know if we are getting the longer cut?

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Just watched the sd-dvd version for Scent Of A Woman. It had been a LONG time since first seeing this. I forgot what a wonderful movie this is and very glad to be able to get this gem on HD DVD. Not a very good looking dvd so hopefully it will be improved. In fact, right after finishing the film, I went over to amazon and placed my order & combined it with another July 24 gem.....The Bourne Identity. :cool: :)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Add to the the Creature and the Wolfman legacy series. I would be all over them. :)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
I could not agree more. Scent of a Woman is a great film, and Bourne Identity is IMHO a must have disk. Can't wait to get them. Hopefully, I will be able to play both Bourne films in HD to prep me for Bourne Ultimatum (due out in the theaters around the same time).

Edited for accuracy

norrisMc

Stunt Coordinator
"STREETS OF FIRE", "SCENT OF A WOMAN", "SEA OF LOVE", "DARKMAN", "BOURNE IDENTITY"... sooooo cool !

July is gonna be an expensive month !

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks