What's new

Universal Reportedly Plans To Remake Jaws, Spielberg May Produce (1 Viewer)

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
Let's raise the silly stakes by predicting who they would get to star in it.

My silly vote goes to Dwayne Johnson and Chris Tucker.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Man, when I was complaining about Bob Iger's mining of Disney's classic animated films for "live action" remakes, all I heard was they were Disney's property, that Disney could do what they wanted with them and that Disney's only responsibility was to make money for its shareholders.

Now the shoe is on the other foot and people are going on that that Universal shouldn't be contemplating a remake of one of a favorite film. To which, all I can say is, JAWS is Universal's property. Universal can do what they want with their own property and Universal is a company whose only responsibility is to make as much money as possible for its shareholders.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Man, when I was complaining about Bob Iger's mining of Disney's classic animated films for "live action" remakes, all I heard was they were Disney's property, that Disney could do what they wanted with them and that Disney's only responsibility was to make money for its shareholders.

Now the shoe is on the other foot and people are going on that that Universal shouldn't be contemplating a remake of one of a favorite film. To which, all I can say is, JAWS is Universal's property. Universal can do what they want with their own property and Universal is a company whose only responsibility is to make as much money as possible for its shareholders.

no one is saying that Universal can’t make a remake if they choose. I don’t think they should, but I’m not saying they can’t

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
The time has come for... Baby Jaws (doo doo doo-doo-doo-doo-doo).

A mostly harmless animated shark? Like Misterjaw or Jabberjaw? A baby shark based on the "Baby Shark" song and YouTube video fad?

Or a dumbed down spinoff of Jaws, where practically all of the characters are cast as babies? (Baby Quint goes floating on a raft in a swimming pool. Baby Bruce gets into the fresh water pool and tries to eat Baby Quint, but of course is not allowed to. Rinse, lather, repeat.)

;)

P. S.:

Misterjaw should not be confused with the shark in the Dickie Goodman novelty song, who was clearly 'Bruce' in all but name. Jabberjaw was the subject of a Robot Chicken parody – I believe it was in Season 9, Episode 4 ("Things Look Bad for the Streepster").

From 'Mr. Jaws' to Misterjaw: A Brief Field Guide to the Greatest 'Jaws' Cash-Ins, Knockoffs, and Send-Ups
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/from-mr-jaws-to-misterjaw-a-brief-field-guide-121896122687.html

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
They should explain the shark’s childhood and why he’s such an angry guy so that we can sympathize with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks