What's new

Universal Remotes (1 Viewer)

Tillerman

Auditioning
Hey Folks,

I am tired of my multiple remotes and I am looking to find a well designed universal remote to control all of my functions. The only requirement I have is that I would like it to be radio rather than infared. All of my components are hidden away in built in cabinets and would prefer to keep the doors closed.

Currently my Hughes HD DirecTV reciever is my only component that has a radio remote and that is nice that I can change the channell from any room in my house. I would like that ability for all my components....my Onkyo reciever, Onkyo DVD player, Sony VHS, Panasonic 42" Plasma, and the other components that are sill not hooked up yet.

Any help you all could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chris

ClintS

Stunt Coordinator
I would check out remotecentral.com they have reviews of a bunch of popular remotes. Remotes are kinda like everything else, what I like is a personal taste issue you will likely find something else suits you better.

And yes there are several that do RF I think the MX-700 is one of them.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Here's where you want to ask this sort of question. The Basics area is strictly for general discussion at the general level, not for specific product/model suggestions. Thanks!

MikeSRC

Second Unit
The MX-700 does not do RF, but the MX-600 and 800 do. However, these remotes only communicate via RF with their own base stations, which ocnvert the RF to IR. There are no universal remotes that will control RF equipment, but as long as your HD receiver can be set to receive IR, you can use a universal with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks