Universal Remote ? Pronto

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Ricardo_Mo, Jul 19, 2003.

1. Ricardo_Mo

Ricardo_Mo Auditioning

I apologize if this goes in another forum.. mercy.

I would like to purchase a universal remote. I have heard the Pronto is good but also I undersatnd Sony makes one as well. Any good experience with these out there? Your advice and guidance as always are appreciatted.

2. Ken Seeber

Ken Seeber Supporting Actor

The Pronto is excellent if you don't mind touchscreen remotes or spending the money. I've heard the Sony remotes are nice, too.

But for my money the best bang for the buck is the Home Theater Master MX-500, which you can get online for about $125. It uses convention hard buttons, but has an LCD screen so that you can label 10 custom buttons. The MX-500 is a learning remote, so no need to enter remote codes for every button.

3. MikeSRC

MikeSRC Second Unit

Check out the "Tweaking, Connections and Accessories" forum for threads on a variety of remotes. Bottom line is that the Prontos are the best touchscreen remotes going and the Home Theater Master MX series are the best all-button remotes.

4. Doug_H

Doug_H Supporting Actor

I have tried most of the remotes out there in one room or another. i always end up selling the new one I am trying and setting the room up with a pronto. The flexability just can't be beat.

On the downside you have to dedicate yourself to the pronto, both learning the software and designing the layout. You will tweak for quite awhile before you have it just the way you want it.

If you want something you can open and use in 10 mminutes this isn't your remote.

5. Ricardo_Mo

Ricardo_Mo Auditioning

Thak you this really helps me a lot. You guys are great.[​IMG]

6. TylerZ

TylerZ Stunt Coordinator