Universal remote for Marantz receiver

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by Mark Ro, Jul 12, 2003.

1. Mark Ro

Mark Ro Agent

I need to get an illuminated universal remote that is compatable with my Marantz SR-6200. I've gone through all of the Radio shack remotes and none of them can learn from the supplied Marantz remote, and the codes don't pick up all of the Marantz'functions. Does anyone know if the MX-500 will learn from the Marantz? With the wife factor need to keep price around or $100.00.

2. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

Does it have to be brand new?

The RC2000 (MK 1 and MK II) are MADE by Marantz, and have all the codes you need. They can be had used for about $100.

In fact, I just upgraded to a MK II from an HTF user that had one posted in the "For Sale" section. It should arrive any day.

I have had a MK I since they came out, and its a great remote, and the MK II will be even better still, with some very important detail changes.

I will be keeping the MK I for a second ssystem I have, but can highly reccomend either.

BGL

3. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Supporting Actor

I can't say that I know for sure. I am a BIG MX-500 booster but I've never used mine with any RC-5 infrared protocol equipment (which Marantz has traditionally used.) There are Marantz audio codes listed in the 500's database though.

Perhaps Mike from surfremotecontrol will post and let us know. He has sold tons of 500's and I would think he'd know for sure...

4. MikeSRC

MikeSRC Second Unit

By coincidence, I have a Marantz SR-7000 receiver and did not have any problems learning all the commands from the Marantz remote to an MX-500. Don't bother with the codes in the IR database though.

5. David Preston

David Preston Supporting Actor

I have the Marantz 7300 and use a Sony RM-VL1000 remote. The only sony device in my home. I like it but WAF might not be very high.