What's new

Universal re-releasing Image licensed titles in April. (1 Viewer)

Nick Senger

Stunt Coordinator
Anybody hear what's happened to these releases? I was hoping to run out and get Sixteen Candles next week, but I don't see it anywhere yet.

John^Lal

Stunt Coordinator
Best buy just put out an ad saying 2 for $20, and the Breakfast Club is on of the movies listed. I want to get this, but if it is a new release, i don't think they would be listing it as a "2 for". is this the new release or is there one coming out later this month that no one likes to list on their site so we are left hanging buying a crap edition

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The April "new" releases from Universal for John Hughes movies have been delayed indefinately. :frowning:

stewart borland

Stunt Coordinator
David... as the man in the know (but then again everybody knows more than me :b ) I'm relying on you to tell me if you hear any news about Weird Science!
Also, what's 16 candles (that so many of you have mentioned) all about then?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
16 Candles...awesome movie!
What's happening, hot stuff?
Would you guys please hurry up, I'm breaking like 20 major laws right now.
I can't believe I gave my panties to a geek!
No more yankie my wankie. The Donger need food!
What the hell are you bitchin' about? I gotta sleep under some Chinaman named after a duck's dork.
I've never bagged a babe. I'm not a stud.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Definitely hoping for a rerelease of the Marx Brothers features; the Image ones certainly aren't among the best transfers of older films out there. However, the quality of the moviemaking makes them worth having, and I don't regret buying them.

How about getting on MGM to put out A Night At the Opera and A Day At the Races?

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
David,

You realize that after you said "Breakfast Club, awesome movie!", you filled the post with quotes from... Sixteen Candles!

-Lyle J.P.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
David,

You realize that after you said "Breakfast Club, awesome movie!", you filled the post with quotes from... Sixteen Candles!
Ah, crap. I just went and edited it. The link was to 16 Candles at IMDB as well. The intent was to answer Stewart Borlands question: "Also, what's 16 candles (that so many of you have mentioned) all about then?".

It was definately too close to bedtime when I posted that! Thanks for the eagle eye... :b

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
American Graffiti...
Since when was this licensed to Image? Is this a new transfer with new extras, or just a reissue of the previous Special Edition, and where's Animal House?
Old thread but...for that matter since when was The Last Starfighter released by Image on DVD?
Since the beginning of this thread it has been made clear that many of these are just re-issues of older DVD's but nonetheless in re-reading the thread it was sad to see someone mention that the possibility for a Robert Wise Andromeda Strain commentary was good....as it turned out it didn't happen but they did put a nice documentary on the DVD.
...so how come the 1982 remake of Cat People (the original of which Mr. Wise was involved with and has not been released yet on DVD) gets a commentary track and a whole slew of extras but Mr. Wise's classic 1971 Science Thriller only gets a measly 30 min. doc, a 12 min. Michael Crichton doc (which IMO was separated from the 30 min. documentary just to avoid extra royalties) and the theatrical trailer and a really good transfer....well OK, it wasn't really that bad a DVD now that I think about it...still a commentary with Wise, Crichton & Douglas Trumbull would have been nice.;)

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
So does Universal now have the rights to They Live and Prince of Darkness? Hopefully they'll get the treatment it looks like the Hughes movies are getting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks