Universal: Quantum Leap/Northern Exposure pricing

Discussion in 'DVD' started by John Berggren, Feb 17, 2004.

1. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

Based on the typical pricing for TV Shows on DVD, I think 8/9 episodes of each program in a 2 disc set for $60 is quite steep.

Considering I can get a complete season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Angel for the same price, I would be more inclined to buy both of these shows if their prices were adjusted.

I've been waiting on Quantum Leap and Northern Exposure since TV on DVD started with the X-files. I will be dissapointed if I can't work them into my budget.

2. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

I would have to agree that the pricing is on the high side, which will make these sets unattractive to all but the most die hard fans.

I am concerned that this will result in poor sales, and a discontinuation of the series releases.

3. Tommy*M

Tommy*M Auditioning

I agree pricing is very much on the high side for only a few episodes....I'm afraid to see what the price will be for the season sets where they actually had full seasons. It won't be a deterrent to me, as I am one of the die hard fans you mentioned, and already have Northern Exposre pre-ordered (I think it's $41.99 on pre-order). I'd have paid twice that because I've been waiting so long for it, but I'm afraid also that a lot of people may steer clear of it. Hopefully Universal doesn't price these series back into DVD extinction.