Universal: Please: Monsters round 2???

Discussion in 'DVD' started by dana martin, Oct 31, 2003.

1. dana martin

dana martin Cinematographer

Dana Martin
    Loved what you did with all of the classics, and following it up with the double features was great, except that you left one out and i have been waiting 2 years now. Please release a double feature Revenge of the Creature / Creature walks among us
    this is worth it to all lovers of these great films, and a chance to see Clint Eastwood in that lab coat, with the mouse just makes it worth it even more

2. Bill Burns

Bill Burns Supporting Actor

I would love to see Universal revisit their Monster series -- I picked up most of the discs that interested me the first time around, but missed the two double feature discs of Mummy sequels, and also the double feature disc of Dracula sequels. The Frankenstein/Wolf Man double feature discs look absolutely stunning, so I'm very sorry I missed the other doubles. I hope these are reissued, and in addition to the Creature sequels, I'd like to see Universal continue the series with the Invisible Man sequels and solo horror projects, particularly of the 20's/30's, not yet released. If they were to pursue a relationship with a digital restoration house, perhaps Lowry Digital Images, new masters and transfers of some of the early Monster discs (including Dracula, Frankenstein, and The Mummy) would be very welcome. If superior elements for any of these could be located, such would be the first place to start, of course, and all restoration work, both photochemical and digital in whatever combination might prove viable, should be done to film for the benefit of posterity. Fans who didn't have a chance to pick them up the first time around will welcome any re-release, of course, and I fully endorse such releases (if this is the best condition in which they survive, it is more than welcome), but if quality can be improved, all the better. Again, the Frankenstein/Wolf Man sequels (and even the unrelated Werewolf of London and She-Wolf of London -- the latter of those is, in particular, an absolutely fantastic presentation) look very good indeed, and further restoration to the originals might prove worthwhile.

Among other Universal properties, I hope to see them issue their recent disc of the 1932 Scarface as a separate release (it's currently available in a boxed set with the remake), and continue issuing their stellar 30's product (some of which is, of course, the Paramount material they now control) to disc (following in the steps of their George Burns triple feature disc and their Bing Crosby and Bob Hope discs of 30's and 40's material). Their recent announcement of eight (!) Abbott and Costello features in one collection, due in February, gives me great hope that they'll find their way to all of these and more in the new year, and in me they will certainly find an eager customer for such product. [​IMG]

3. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    Let's not forget that HOUSE OF DRACULA hasn't been released at all yet; nor have ISLAND OF LOST SOULS; BLACK FRIDAY; THE RAVEN; THE BLACK CAT; MURDERS OF THE RUE MORGUE and a couple more really good ones. I'd also like to see them do a sci-fi series which would include THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN; TARANTULA; COLOSSUS: THE FORBIN PROJECT and others.

4. Bradley-E

Bradley-E Screenwriter

Tarantula and The Incredible Shrinking Man. Also. Matinee - John Goodman (w Mant feature included).

5. ScottR

ScottR Cinematographer

I wish the complete Flowers Sequence from Frankenstein could be found....there are a couple of shots still missing, including a shot of Maria actually sinking in the water...alas, these few seconds are probably gone forever... [​IMG]