What's new

Universal...Please consider (1 Viewer)

Ryan_TD

Stunt Coordinator
Putting out a special edition of the 90's greatest cult(or maybe stoner) classic 'DAZED & CONFUSED'. I am tempted but will not buy this in its current version. This is begging for the "Ultimate Edition" treatment if ever a title needed be. Like a commentary track by Richard Linklater(I hope I spelled his name right), deleted scenes, outtakes, making of documentary, maybe even a featurette on 70's Rock n'Roll.
And most importantly, an ANAMORPHIC tranfer(please!!) with DD 5.1(So I can hear Ted Nugent and Foghat in style ;)
Also, while I hopefully have someone at Universal's attention....We need Cheech & Chong's 'Next Movie' on DVD. Paramount did an excellent job with 'Up in Smoke' with features like Commentary by Cheech Marin & Lou Adler, deleted scenes(called "Roach Clips"), trailers and most importantly Anamorphic Widescreen transfer with 5.1 sound and restored mono. A few months later Columbia Tri-Star released Cheech and Chong's 'Nice Dreams' which didn't really have anything but it was at least Anamorphic.
Please Universal, the ball is now in your court. And not to mention that C&C's 'Next Movie' is argueably better than 'Up in Smoke'
Thank you to anyone over at Universal who has the power to call the shots on making these two see the light of day.

Jamie Boyd

Auditioning
Maybe a moderator can move this to the other forum.

I would like to see this redone as well. Everything Ryan said plus the trailer and original sound mix.

There was a 16mm behind the scenes documentary shot when Dazed was made. I have never seen it, but hear it is quite good. I would love to have this on the DVD!

Also -- didn't this open Sundance that year? It would be interesting to include press coverage of that or the Q&A Linklater had with the audience, if it exsists.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Skip all that 5.1, it is not needed. The PCM track on the laserdisc is fantastic. Do not judge this soundtrack by the lame DD2.0 track on the existing DVD!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks