What's new

Universal Players (1 Viewer)

Mark LP

Stunt Coordinator
I believe that utilizing a line doubler image versus a progressive scan image are two very different things. Even with a line doubler, the television is still showing you an even field and an odd field. Whereas a progressive image is showing all the field at once. Unless you are scaling to 1080i, I think the 480p image will still be superior. That's just my understanding, please correct if I'm wrong.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Unless I am mistaken, a line doubler *gives* you a progressive scan image. Might be the difference between a line doubler being used on 480i material to give you 480p material, vs 3:2 pulldown. The people in the Display section, know all this stuff forwards and backwards! :)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
bleh, just to add still more confusion, I dropped into a shop this morning, they had a Pioneer S-733A, which according to the sales guy was the same as the 755 except it didn't have the I-Link that 755 has, this being the digital connection to the Pioneer AX10. oh well.

the prices he cited were S$950 for the 733, and S$1,080 for the 755; the 655 is S$500.

:confused:

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Mark, I am by no means an expert on all of this, but I remember that the older Pioneer DV-434 and '444 did not do true progressive scan. They simply had line doublers and did not do 3:2 pulldown. So, they were not the "real deal".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks