Universal Player Advice

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Mark Paquette, Aug 12, 2004.

1. Mark Paquette

Mark Paquette Supporting Actor

I'm looking for something that can play DVD-A and SACD. I don't care about the video playback becase I plan on keeping the RP-82 for that. What are some recommendations for a universal player only on the merits of audio?

2. FeisalK

FeisalK Screenwriter

whats your budget? entry level I guess the Pioneer 563 (or replacement) gets most bang for the buck. Midrange you'd see the Denon 2900 getting good reviews - its replacement (2910?) already announced tho so you might want to wait for that.

check out the whole list at dvd-a.dk

3. Mark Paquette

Mark Paquette Supporting Actor

I'm really looking for something that can play SACD as well as DVD-A, but I don't want to give up my RP82. Definitely looking for something entry to mid level. Basically I'm just trying to get into SACD.

4. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

If you are willing to go to about $328, then I wold get the Pio 563 ($129 or so) AND an ICBM ($199 B Stock, for bass management).

The Pio has poor BM (not as bad for SACD as for DVD-A) but still not great. It has gotten pretty good reviews for its overall SQ though.

Match that up with an ICBM, and you have a killer audio rig for decent money.

BGL

5. Kyle Tippett

Kyle Tippett Stunt Coordinator

Go Firefox! Go!

6. Juan_T

Juan_T Stunt Coordinator

Who would ever pay 75,000$ for this? I mean how good can it be? your components would have to be atleast 2,000,000 dollars to be able to justify for something like this! I cant believe they sell any of these units! OMG

http://www.dvd-a.dk/images/hardware/...2aa27f061f26d1