What's new

Universal plans 100 to 150 SACD releases in 2005 (1 Viewer)

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
What have thet released that's really adult contempt-a-tory? Suddenly, I can't think of one. What is adult contemporary anyway?;)

I shouldn't jab them too much they putting out the Elton John's I like. I do like their jazz but I'm soft on der klassikers, and everybody else's...

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I didn't want to name names Rachel for fear of offending someone, but I was tinking in the Kenny G.-Michael Bolton vein.

I was hoping with the Deluxe SACD hybrid treatment that The Who's Tommy and Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road got that future Deluxe Editions would be SACD hybrids too, but instead it's an either/or for The Almman Brothers Fillmore East, Eric Clapton's 461 Ocean Boulevard, and Bob Marley & the Wailers Burnin', and the SACDs don't have the bonus tracks.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Larry, if Kenny G makes some people happy, maybe they should release him? Do they have him? Bolton has a Sony S-L SACD. I think it's good for the format if they release stuff we don't like. That would mean a broad pattern of releases. What I really fear is a very high % of classical, not a broad pattern.:)

cwhite

Second Unit
100 to 150 out of how many CD's will Universal release in 2005? Perhaps Universal should take the path of making all its new releases for 2005 as hybrid SACDs-something Sony should had done at SACD's initial roll-out. Then the Generation Y kids will discover how crappy MP3s really sound.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Rachael, that's why I didn't want to name names. Granted, I would be much happier if the lion's share of SACDs were "hippie musice" but that's another thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks