What's new

Universal Monsters & Van Helsing News (1 Viewer)

MichaelSloan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael Sloan
It would be nice if there was more then just the Gill-Man tm:D trilogy on the Creature set, considering all the other 50's sci-fi films or films Jack Arnold directed Universal owns the rights to like It Came From Outer Space, Tarantula, The Deadly Mantis etc. It's my impression that Universal still owns the rights to This Island Earth considering that they let companies like Anchor Bay put films on dvd they still own the rights to. Maybe they just think they won't sell well.

And when are all those 1930s Edgar Allen Poe films with Bela Lugosi and/or Boris Karloff gonna be put on dvd? Aren't THEY good enough?

MichaelSloan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael Sloan
It would be nice if there was more then just the Gill-Man tm:D trilogy on the Creature set, considering all the other 50's sci-fi films or films Jack Arnold directed Universal owns the rights to like It Came From Outer Space, Tarantula, The Deadly Mantis etc. It's my impression that Universal still owns the rights to This Island Earth considering that they let companies like Anchor Bay put films on dvd they still own the rights to. Maybe they just think they won't sell well.

And when are all those 1930s Edgar Allen Poe films with Bela Lugosi and/or Boris Karloff gonna be put on dvd? Aren't THEY good enough?

Dave Farley

Second Unit
Jim_K,

You mentioned an interest in Hammer films. Did you check out the six film "Hammer Horror Collection" that came out April 27th? Three of the DVDs were previous releases and three were new. I noticed it at Amazon.

Dave Farley

Second Unit
Jim_K,

You mentioned an interest in Hammer films. Did you check out the six film "Hammer Horror Collection" that came out April 27th? Three of the DVDs were previous releases and three were new. I noticed it at Amazon.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I figured this news would be met with more excitement than I'm seeing. I've been waiting for the Creature and Invisible sequels for years now, and can't wait for these releases! :emoji_thumbsup:

I figure if they're going for the statues again, the Invisible Man will appear with bandages and goggles. It would be funny, though, if they just made it an empty pedestal. :D

Oh, yeah. A new transfer of The Invisible Man would be nice.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I figured this news would be met with more excitement than I'm seeing. I've been waiting for the Creature and Invisible sequels for years now, and can't wait for these releases! :emoji_thumbsup:

I figure if they're going for the statues again, the Invisible Man will appear with bandages and goggles. It would be funny, though, if they just made it an empty pedestal. :D

Oh, yeah. A new transfer of The Invisible Man would be nice.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'll pretty much buy any and all classic horror they release. I just hope they get to new titles,

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'll pretty much buy any and all classic horror they release. I just hope they get to new titles,

James Lambert

Stunt Coordinator
I'm going to say that I unashamedly liked Van Helsing. It had the wolfman fighting dracula whilst Frankenstein had lightning in his skull for crying out loud. Obviously this thread is going to be fixated on the classics whilst bashing the new film, but Van Helsing is no worse or silly than many of the Classic sequels! (house of Frankenstein anyone?) Love them, love Van Helsing (in my warped logic)

James Lambert

Stunt Coordinator
I'm going to say that I unashamedly liked Van Helsing. It had the wolfman fighting dracula whilst Frankenstein had lightning in his skull for crying out loud. Obviously this thread is going to be fixated on the classics whilst bashing the new film, but Van Helsing is no worse or silly than many of the Classic sequels! (house of Frankenstein anyone?) Love them, love Van Helsing (in my warped logic)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks