Universal Monsters & Van Helsing News

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Mark Cappelletty, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty Cinematographer

I'm sure this will be posted by the normal DVD sites, but Fangoria has a report on the second wave of Universal Monsters and Van Helsing.

Van Helsing is due out October 19.

The Second wave of Universal monsters, including Invisible Man, Mummy and Creature From the Black Lagoon films, is due out October 5.

Universal Monster News

I haven't gotten the first wave yet -- I have the original Universal Horror releases -- but may use the Deep Discount DVD sale to rectify that.

2. Mark Cappelletty

I'm sure this will be posted by the normal DVD sites, but Fangoria has a report on the second wave of Universal Monsters and Van Helsing.

Van Helsing is due out October 19.

The Second wave of Universal monsters, including Invisible Man, Mummy and Creature From the Black Lagoon films, is due out October 5.

Universal Monster News

I haven't gotten the first wave yet -- I have the original Universal Horror releases -- but may use the Deep Discount DVD sale to rectify that.

3. Jim_K

Jim_K Executive Producer

No Hammer titles?! [​IMG] Figures - can't say as I'm surprised though [​IMG]

Looks like we'll have to wait for Van Helsing 2. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Jim_K

Jim_K Executive Producer

No Hammer titles?! [​IMG] Figures - can't say as I'm surprised though [​IMG]

Looks like we'll have to wait for Van Helsing 2. [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. PaulBigelow

PaulBigelow Stunt Coordinator

Why would any Hammer titles be part of a classic, early Universal horror series?

6. PaulBigelow

PaulBigelow Stunt Coordinator

Why would any Hammer titles be part of a classic, early Universal horror series?

7. Jim_K

Jim_K Executive Producer

Well they shouldn't be part of the series per se, but I was hoping for individual releases when Van Helsing was announced for DVD. Since this is the tie-in announcement with no mention of any Hammer titles I'm a tad disappointed to say the least.

I can assume it'll be another whole year before there's any glimmer of hope of a release as the studio's somehow think that people only purchase catalog Horror titles in the fall.

Maybe I'm jumping the gun & Universal will still release these without a tie-in. yeah right

8. Jim_K

Jim_K Executive Producer

Well they shouldn't be part of the series per se, but I was hoping for individual releases when Van Helsing was announced for DVD. Since this is the tie-in announcement with no mention of any Hammer titles I'm a tad disappointed to say the least.

I can assume it'll be another whole year before there's any glimmer of hope of a release as the studio's somehow think that people only purchase catalog Horror titles in the fall.

Maybe I'm jumping the gun & Universal will still release these without a tie-in. yeah right

9. Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers Producer

I'll be picking up the Classic Monsters but I won't be going anywhere near that other pile of garbage.

10. Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers Producer

I'll be picking up the Classic Monsters but I won't be going anywhere near that other pile of garbage.

11. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

Hey everyone. I am trying to decide on whether to buy the first release individually, or in the set. What is the difference between it?

Do you the sales will be less for the second wave since the top three names in horror have already been released?

Ryan

12. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

Hey everyone. I am trying to decide on whether to buy the first release individually, or in the set. What is the difference between it?

Do you the sales will be less for the second wave since the top three names in horror have already been released?

Ryan

13. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    Cool statues. That's it, but worth it (since I got the set for less than all three releases separately.)

14. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    Cool statues. That's it, but worth it (since I got the set for less than all three releases separately.)

15. Mark Cappelletty

I'm broke right now, so I think I'm going to wait until October. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Halloween horror promotion with these titles.

16. Mark Cappelletty

I'm broke right now, so I think I'm going to wait until October. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Halloween horror promotion with these titles.

17. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

The Invisible Man and Creature sets will have previously unreleased titles, and I really expect Creature to sell well. I know some of the Mummy films were released back in 2000 or so, but I didn't get them at the time so I don't know which ones were...

I plan on getting them all. If there is another box set available, I'm sure it will be cheaper because it will only require two busts instead of three (since one is invisible...)[​IMG]

I am curious about the Creature disc though: I wonder if it will be all crammed onto one disc or stretched over two?

18. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

The Invisible Man and Creature sets will have previously unreleased titles, and I really expect Creature to sell well. I know some of the Mummy films were released back in 2000 or so, but I didn't get them at the time so I don't know which ones were...

I plan on getting them all. If there is another box set available, I'm sure it will be cheaper because it will only require two busts instead of three (since one is invisible...)[​IMG]

I am curious about the Creature disc though: I wonder if it will be all crammed onto one disc or stretched over two?

19. AlanP

AlanP Supporting Actor

Where ARE
    "BRIDES OF DRACULA"
    "CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF"
    "PHANTOM OF THE OPERA"-62
    "PARANOIAC"

20. AlanP

AlanP Supporting Actor

Where ARE
    "BRIDES OF DRACULA"
    "CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF"