What's new

Universal Monster Legacy wave 2 question (1 Viewer)

Charlie O.

Supporting Actor
From what I have read on the new Universal Monster Legacy sets coming out, its seems like they are just taking the old single disc releases and adding a second disc to them. Does anyone know if this is true? Are the old movies getting a new transfer or anything?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
This won't help right now, but keep your eyes on this site for any information about the Universal monsters releases:

http://www.shillpages.com/uscmc/

The best thing you can do is to click on one of the titles on the left. That will show you the differences between the original releases and the newer ones. From what I remember, a couple of the movies did have new transfers--I know Bride did, and there were a couple of others that did as well--but all or most of the more recent double-feature releases were the same transfer. My guess on this latest batch is that the same transfer will be used. I don't remember any complaints like there were for the original Bride, so they probably don't have the incentive to make a new transfer. The big attraction here will be the movies new to DVD, such as the Creature and Invisible Man sequels.

Sorry this isn't much help, but it'll keep the thread bumped if nothing else. :)

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
I would've sworn the new sets were being released this coming Tuesday (10/5), but it seems they're now due on 10/19. :frowning: Damn, I'm really wanting those Creature sequels.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
I've got a question about the FIRST wave.

Do the re-released discs contain all the supplemental features found on the original OOP discs?

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Rob, the only feature not on the newer releases was the making of documentary for The Wolf Man....everything else from the first releases were on the second.....including a better soundtrack for Frankenstein, with the ambient sound restored.

JeffMc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
jeffmc

Are you referring to the "Murder By Moonlight" documentary? Because that IS included on the re-release Legacy set. The only supplement that I noticed (besides production-cast notes) that was dropped from the re-release set was the trailer for THE WOLFMAN.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks