Universal Legacy Gift Set Best Price?

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by ReaganG, May 13, 2004.

1. ReaganG

ReaganG Agent

This probably isn't the right forum to post this, but you are the guys who would know.

I wanted to buy the Legacy Gift set for around $60 the week it came out, but I read on here that most of the retailers didn't have it. At my local Best Buy, they had a whole pallet of the individual DVD sets for the monsters. I assumed that they were most likely sold out.

I went back to Best Buy two days ago and on a whim just asked the nearest blue shirt if they had any. He said yes and went off to grab one out of the stockroom. I bought it, but by now, they were charging $72.

Does anyone know if there is a way to retro price match? Did any of the other stores actually end up carrying them? I have a Circuit City and a Sam's Club in town and those are the only two that might carry it at all. Any ideas?

Hopefully the people that wanted it can go ask for it at Best Buy now. The statues in it are very cool and worth it in my opinion.

2. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    Go to DVDTalk's Share The Love forum and put your email address down. I'm not sure of the total price, but it's not bad. I got mine for 50 and change. Otherwise DDD has it for 60 something, I think.

I love mine, worth every penny!

3. ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA Screenwriter

4. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    $55.89 at DDD, last I checked. They informed me this morning that they're getting more in on 5/23. However, I'm not sure whether that's just enough to cover those of us who are waiting for orders we've already placed. [​IMG]

5. Daryl L

Daryl L Supporting Actor

I used Share the Love at DVDTalk for a 10% discout at Amazon. Ordered it for $50.34 shipped on 4-29-04, got it 5-10-04. [​IMG]

6. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

You can get it for $59.99 (or so) at Barnes & Nobles, with free shipping. Look for a $5 off coupon at DVD Price Search and get it for just under $55. Or do the Amazon STL thing.

7. ReaganG

ReaganG Agent

I already bought it for the jacked up price. [​IMG]

Does anyone have experience in price matching within 30 days?

8. ReaganG

ReaganG Agent

I already bought it for the jacked up price. [​IMG]

Does anyone have experience in price matching within 30 days?

9. Phil Tomaskovic

Phil Tomaskovic Supporting Actor

circuitcity.com shows it for $59.99. Maybe if you print that, they will consider it the same as an ad and price match?

10. Andrew Chong

Andrew Chong Supporting Actor

Just be sure that shipping is free at the online vendor you elect to match with.

I'm not sure if the policy at Best Buy in America is similar to that of Best Buy Canada. Best Buy Canada matches online prices plus shipping charges (if any) within 30 days of purchase and if the item is in stock at that online vendor (for instance, Amazon often indicates whether items are in stock or not). Depending on the Best Buy person you deal with, he or she may possibly relax the policy for your benefit.

11. ClintS

ClintS Stunt Coordinator

Buy another one somewhere else and return it unopened to Best Buy if they give you any problems with the price match.