Universal Ladies Masterpiece Collection ???????????

Discussion in 'DVD' started by AlanP, Nov 11, 2005.

1. AlanP

AlanP Supporting Actor

How about a UNIVERSAL LADIES MASTERPIECE COLLECTION FEATURING those great 50s and 60s films from Susan Hayward,
    Doris Day, Lana Turner, Jane Wyman, and Barbara Stanwyck ??
    How about a six pack featuring-
    "MAGNIFICENT OBSESSION"
    "PORTRAIT IN BLACK"
    "MADAM X" (1966)
    "MIDNIGHT LACE"
    "BACK STREET"
    "THE NIGHT WALKER" ???
    It is time to get these great films out on DVD. As a matter of Fact way over due

2. Mark Philp

Mark Philp Second Unit

Mark
    Sounds like a good idea, but we all know how lax Universal is about releasing their older films. Look at all the Paramount pre-48s they haven't touched. They're sitting on a collectors goldmine and don't seem to realize it.

3. Charles H

Charles H Screenwriter

Since the Vivendi takeover, Universal has only been interested in TV collections. Has Universal ever done a forum chat?

4. MichaelScott

MichaelScott Stunt Coordinator

Yeah that does sound great, but I would go back even farther and release the 40's stuff too. They have a ton of great films ,but they don't seem to care that other studios are doing well with their classics.
    Doesn't make sense to me..let them sit in a vault or release them and make some money...I'm getting to the point where I would take them even if they didn't completely restore all of them..better then nothing.

5. RafaelPires

RafaelPires Supporting Actor

Michael, not forget the 30's stuff. That a tons of Dietrich, Cooper, Colbert, Crosby, Lombard, Mae West, Lubitsch, DeMille, leissen that haven't been released.

And yeah, so many treasures form the 40's: Preston Sturges, Billy Wilder, Mitchell Leisen... and of course, its stars: Claudette Colbert, Bing Crosby, Bob Hope, Ray Milland, Barbara Stanwyck, Betty Hutton, Paulette Goddard, Fred McMurray, Alan Ladd, Veronica Lake, Joel McCrea...

Really, it's a shame the neglected way Universal is treating us movielovers, forgetting all about this masterpieces that are just waiting there, in its vaults to be put out in the market.

6. AndrewWickliffe

AndrewWickliffe Second Unit

Universal UK is releasing tons of stuff.

There must be a market there