What's new

Universal Ladies Masterpiece Collection ??????????? (1 Viewer)

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
How about a UNIVERSAL LADIES MASTERPIECE COLLECTION FEATURING those great 50s and 60s films from Susan Hayward,
Doris Day, Lana Turner, Jane Wyman, and Barbara Stanwyck ??
How about a six pack featuring-
"MAGNIFICENT OBSESSION"
"PORTRAIT IN BLACK"
"MADAM X" (1966)
"MIDNIGHT LACE"
"BACK STREET"
"THE NIGHT WALKER" ???
It is time to get these great films out on DVD. As a matter of Fact way over due

Mark Philp

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
Sounds like a good idea, but we all know how lax Universal is about releasing their older films. Look at all the Paramount pre-48s they haven't touched. They're sitting on a collectors goldmine and don't seem to realize it.

Charles H

Screenwriter
Since the Vivendi takeover, Universal has only been interested in TV collections. Has Universal ever done a forum chat?

MichaelScott

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah that does sound great, but I would go back even farther and release the 40's stuff too. They have a ton of great films ,but they don't seem to care that other studios are doing well with their classics.
Doesn't make sense to me..let them sit in a vault or release them and make some money...I'm getting to the point where I would take them even if they didn't completely restore all of them..better then nothing.

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
Michael, not forget the 30's stuff. That a tons of Dietrich, Cooper, Colbert, Crosby, Lombard, Mae West, Lubitsch, DeMille, leissen that haven't been released.

And yeah, so many treasures form the 40's: Preston Sturges, Billy Wilder, Mitchell Leisen... and of course, its stars: Claudette Colbert, Bing Crosby, Bob Hope, Ray Milland, Barbara Stanwyck, Betty Hutton, Paulette Goddard, Fred McMurray, Alan Ladd, Veronica Lake, Joel McCrea...

Really, it's a shame the neglected way Universal is treating us movielovers, forgetting all about this masterpieces that are just waiting there, in its vaults to be put out in the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks