What's new

Universal - home of great television? Prison is more like it. (1 Viewer)

jim_falconer

Screenwriter

The person who made the decision to only release one season of this fantastic show at Universal needs to be tarred, feathered, and tied to a lampost!

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Some Wagon Train episodes possibly haven't been seen since their original air dates. When the Family Channel ran the series several years ago, the package included only 70 of the 252 black-and-white hour-long episodes (1957-63 and 1964-65), along with the 32 90-minute color eps (1963-64). From that group of 70 b/w eps, Columbia House released 40 on 20 tapes.

If someone knows which WT eps are available for those HP downloads, I'd like to see a list. If one of the "missing" episodes is there, then maybe that bodes well for a possible DVD release. At least it would show that Universal has done some work on the "missing" shows.

Tom.W

Second Unit

I haven't been able to find any info on episodes being offered on the TV4U Classic TV Channels. Hopefully the quality is better than the PD stuff being
streamed on the website. Great lineup though for the HP Classic Channels: Sea Hunt, Dobie Gillis, Our Miss Brooks, Studio One, Highway Patrol, to name a few. I'm also hoping this is a sign of some sort future availabilty.

The predecessor to Family Channel, CBN, did a much better job with Wagon Train back in the late eighties. Over 100 episodes from the first three seasons, plus the seventh, color season.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

The Problem with alot of the new Interpretations is they leave out the Fun Factor, the originals were alot more fun. And That even applies to Battlestar Galactica, a remake I enjoy quite a bit. But given the world we live in , in the present time it's understandable. That's why the New Doctor Who is a hit, it's still very much in the spirit of the original.

Van594

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
Universal blows...they lead the league in bailing out on finishing shows. They can't finish what they a start and get zero respect from me.

Still waiting for them to finish:

Dream On
Night Gallery
Amazing Stories

In all three of these cases it would take them very little to finish these up. In the case of Dream on and Night Gallery if they had lowerd the price point to something more reasonable I'm sure the first sets would have done much better.
I refuse to buy anything further from them until they learn to finish.

brett tolino

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
brett tolino
Yes, Universal does blow.

They're not too great with movies either.

Remember the Brooke Shields classic movie, Endless Love from 1978 featuring that Kiss Song, "I was Made for Lovin' you".

The soundtrack was also number one and the Lionel Ritchie, Diana Ross song also made radio history as one of the number one requested Wedding songs (whether corney or not, I'll leave that for you to decide).

Universal hasn't released this film either. They have Brooke under house arrest along with the Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman. I hear since inflation, they want double, 12 million Ransom.

Their Flash Gordon Special Edition: Savior of the Universe Edition aka Alex Ross's-Favorite-Movie-of-all-time-Edition-so-he-gets-spotlighted-in-the bonus-features, not-anything-from-the-Movie also blew big monkey ****s too.

Matthew H

Second Unit
I miss the 60s Dragnet. I was going to buy the first season but saw it was basically abandoned.. no thanks!

Hank Dearborn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hank

Except almost all of these show have either come out in collectors circles on 16mm film or ran on FoxNet, syndication or other cable networks. The only shows on that list that have no had significant runs in the videotaping era are Bus Stop and Adventures in Paradise. Everything else has at least run somewhere where it could be recorded and while a DVD release would be nice, it is not as if collectors don't have those shows.

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Man, I can't believe The Equalizer still isn't out on DVD. There's a movie version in the works as well. Brings back memories!

Adam

Charles_Y

Premium
Supporter
Real Name
Charles W. Yearsley Jr.

That may be so but the upgrade is a wise choice. The previous release was non-anamorphic. I will say I'm torn on the cover art as I liked the original art fine. It's better representative of the movie. However, I must admit I'm a big fan of Ross' art. So, I have both for now.

BobSchneider

Second Unit
It goes with out saying that universal is ran by politically correct moron dopes and although I feel for your point these posts that rail against universal and fox are more depressing than enlighting or will never sway the dolts at ether studio to see the light and change there ways. That been said , Im honestly and not old enough to remember seeing 95% of the shows listed first or on re run, But I really loved as a kid kojak, adam 12 and McCould and Im pissed universal abandoned them after one season or great classics like b/w dragent havent seen the light of day. :frowning: I almost wish threads like this dont get started because there just a reminder of how much fun tv's out there that will never see the light of day due to the morons who run are major media outlets like nbc/universal, fox , sony etc..., which to me is just flat out depressing:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks