What's new

Universal -- Far From Heaven cover art (1 Viewer)

It appears that the Alliance Atlantis DVD of "Far from Heaven" uses the films original poster art, so I will be buying that version rather than the domestic release.

I don't know who's running the show in the marketing department, but the decision to replace one of the most distinctive and colorful posters of the last year with new key art that is completely uninspired and generic is both annoying and disheartening.

I'll note also that there are three principal characters in the film. All three are present in the theatrical poster art. Only the white ones are present on the DVD cover. Not for nothing, but why is it that Dennis Haysbert is the one to mysteriously disappear?

I would hope that there is someone in your marketing department capable of registering the difference between beautiful poster art and completely banal Photoshop doodling.

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
I, too, was disappointed that Dennis Haysbert's image was relegated to the back cover of the DVD. Worse, if you read the description of the film on the back, you'd never know he plays any significant role in the action.

On top of this, the picture of Dennis Quaid on the front cover looks more like Guy Pearce. At least in the original poster art, he looked like Dennis Quaid.

I don't usually whine about these sorts of things, but this was a very poor showing, Universal.

BarryR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BARRY RIVADUE
It reminds that, if Universal ever gets around to the SE of THE STING, they >better< use the original poster instead of some generic nonsense. I wish SWEET CHARITY from Universal had used the original poster, by the way. It was groovy psychedelic in style, and not the bland design used.

BarryR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BARRY RIVADUE
Got the Canadian DVD OF FAR FROM HEAVEN--gorgeous original poster. Such a no brainer--what on earth is so compelling about the altered domestic edition's art? Will it honstly sell more copies? Really stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks