What's new

Universal announces dates for new Scarface and Animal House SEs! (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
DVDFile was reporting Scarface a few days ago like it was official. Sounds to me this is all rumor talk now. :angry:

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
They're taunting us! :frowning: Dangling that digital carrott. Oh well, if Scarface doesn't come out this year there's plenty of other titles waiting in the wings. Too many.

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I thought Scarface SE was listed for September 9, according to DVDFILE.

I'm still waiting to hear what the specs are, so here's what I would like to see:

The "Say Hello to My Little Friend" Special Edition
-which could also be called the "Say Goodnight to the Bad Guy" Special Edition
-or perhaps the "The World is Yours" Special Edition

including

-2 Disc set to maximize quality of movie presentation on first disc
-anamorphic transfer with improved bitrate
-commentary by Oliver Stone
-commentary by Brian DePalma
-commentary by various cast members
(all commentaries to be scene-specific and not cut-together interview snippets)

-Deleted Scenes (if any more exist past what was put on the Collector's Edition)
-Outtakes

-New Documentary on the making of the film
-Multiple Angle option to look at construction of various sequences, including the chainsaw interlude
-Documentary on the Florida locations vs the Los Angeles locations

-Karaoke feature with phonetic guide for viewers to "talk just like Tony"

Does anyone have any other ideas?

earl_roberts

Stunt Coordinator
he he, your post just reminded me of the deleted scenes on the previous DVD. Hopefully the deleted scenes on this new disc will have commentary on them cause before they don't make a scrap of sense. Also why is the same scene shown with loads of retakes? The point? Why are they labled as outtakes too? Ah well, at least the documentary was good.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Karaoke feature with phonetic guide for viewers to "talk just like Tony"
That would be great! Great idea, Kev! :emoji_thumbsup:

"Why don' you stick yo' head up yo' ass... see if eet feits." :laugh:

Crazy, crazy film. In fact, when you think about it, it is one of the most influential films of the last 20 years in its over-the-top attitude. I think it's a truly great film; it's just so... mad! :D

Gord

AnthonyL

Stunt Coordinator
who is more reliable? Digital Bits(due November) or DVDfile(due September)? :frowning: I'll assume these are rumours until an official announcement arrives.

Bolivar G

Second Unit
"Manolo, shoot the piece of s**t!"

I love this movie, will double dip for sure on this one.
I seen it so many times I almost know the whole movie word for word! :D

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
"Manolo, shoot the piece of s**t!"

I believe the correct phonetic pronunciation is
"Manol, choot that peace o' chit!"

I still remember when "Scarface" hit cable. A lot of the kids in my high school were re-enacting the scenes in the hallway. (Almost as bad as when "The Warriors" hit cable!) A bunch of us nicknamed the movie "Scar-fa-che", which got reaffirmed by Oliver Stone later when he said he considered the film to be "Scarfucci", his unappreciated opera.

But I really love the movie and the performances, particularly given how over the top the whole thing is, and I'm looking forward to what they do with the SE. I misidentified my source, by the way. I got the September 9 date from www.davisdvd.com but I think DVDFILE confirmed the same thing.

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
I'm a little disappointed in the specs for ANIMAL HOUSE.
It would have been good to have commentary by Landis
and/ or some of the actors. I'll still get it because
I only have the old laserdisc collector's edition. At
least the documentary is carried over to the new version.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I'll believe this whole "Scarface: 20th Anniversary Edition" when I see and smell it, chico.

I was excited at first, but now that I thinks about it, it sounds a little... rumory*.

*New word. :D

Gordy

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
It's now called Scarface: Resurrection Edition

No kidding.

And it is coming for sure. I've gotten confirmation on this from a couple of sources.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
I'll definitely pick up Animal House as the only version I have is the Collector's Edition VHS (which has the Yearbook featurette). Is the "Where Are They Now" featurette just gonna be from the VH1 80's movies special? Would've loved a Landis commentary. I'm not a huge fan of text commentaries.
Amazon Women on the Moon looks to be a good release. Hopefully the transfer will make my VHS copy look like crap.

Tony Scello

Second Unit
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet but I was in a Media Play store a couple of days ago and they had a number of signs, including one on the front door, advertising "Scarface:20th Anniversary Edition" with a date of 10/14. I believe they were taking pre-orders for this title. I have no idea if this is the actual release date but this store, apparently, has some information that it is.

Brett Sheppard

Auditioning
Last night one of my friends told me he had reserved a copy of Scarface at a nearby video store. He said it was coming out on October 14. For what it's worth, video stores are advertising it for that date I guess.

AnthonyL

Stunt Coordinator
OK I guess Sept. 30 is the official release date according to the digital bits, dvdempire, universal studios. I knew the dates at the beginning of this thread were suspicious.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks