What's new

Universal announces dates for new Scarface and Animal House SEs! (1 Viewer)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
According to DVDFile:
Rounding out today's news area couple of new street dates from Universal Studios Home Video. Hitting shelves on September 9th is a new 20th Anniversary Edition of the Brian de Palma bloodfest Scarface, starring Al Pacino as the legendary Tony Montana. And due on August 26th is (no joke) National Lampoon's Animal House: Double Secret Probation Edition. Both get anamorphic widescreen transfers and new Dolby Digital 5.1 remixes, and stay tuned for further specs...
Looks like the late August/early September period continues to get more expensive. At least neither is being released on 9/2.

Edited to correct a grammatical error.

Simon_Lepine

Supporting Actor
Finally Scarface :emoji_thumbsup:. I might have to take a loan around august or something, it is getting quite expsensive indeed :D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I was just about to post this. Also that Digital Bits reports in the Rumor Mill that Schindler's List will be 2004.

Jussi Tarvainen

Second Unit
Say goodbye to my little bank account! It's going to be a good Summer, but eventually rain must Fall... when the Scars come out to shine. And when the frat's away, the House will play. God that was pretentious. :b

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
First you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the Special Edition.

Kickass, baby!

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Say hello to my little friend.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
"You wanna waste my time? Okay. I call my lawyer. He's the best lawyer in Miami. He's such a good lawyer, that by tomorrow morning, you gonna be working in Alaska. So dress warm."

Yep, it's going to get mighty expensive later this year. :D

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
great stuff indeed and for once I am not double dipping for Scarface as I had not bought it yet

:emoji_thumbsup:

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Any other specs on the new Animal House disc? I have the OOP collectors edition and am pretty happy with it. If a better transfer and 5.1 are the only improvements, I'll file upgrading in the "maybe" file.

Excellent! Been waiting for a new Scarface DVD forever! It's about time Universal announced this, they probably figured out how much money they were losing to the Scarface bootleg. Hopefully they put a real DTS track on this! Can only hope for a new 10th annivesary Carlito's Way DVD :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Any other specs on the new Animal House disc?
Sure:

STREET: 8/26/2003
S.R.P.: $19.98
M.A.P.: None
EDITION: Double Secret Probation Edition
PACKAGING: Snap Case
NUMBER OF DISCS: 1
RUN TIME: 1 Hour 49 Minutes
MPAA RATING: R
LAYERS: Dual
AUDIO: English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
CAPTIONS: English
SUBTITLES: French,Spanish
PICTURE: Anamorphic Widescreen (1.85:1)
COLOR

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Scarface is one of the few DVDs that I managed to hold off for and not buy until the studio in question could put forth a worthy product. I'm weak, what can I say. :) But it does make this announcement that much sweeter.

"Dat's because ju gotcha head stuck in jo cooter!"

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
I have the OOP Collector's Edition of Animal House too. Looks and sounds pretty good for being a fairly old release from the early days of dvd.

Will just have to read the reviews to see if the newer version improves the quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks