What's new

UNIVERSAL and FOX re: Hammer Films...Okay, Your Turn! (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Now that MGM has put out HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES, Columbia is releasing REVENGE OF FRANKENSTEIN, Warner is doing HORROR OF DRACULA and CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN, time for you two to get with the program...

Brandon Gantt

Second Unit
It would be great if FOX released their three:
One Million Years B.C
The Nanny
The Anniversary
and got them out of the way.
I actually thought OMYBC was supposed to come out this year. Hopefully when it does get released it will be the 100min. British version.

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
i would probably purchase almost any of the Hammer titles as they are released...!!!

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Yes I agree!
I'd probably buy them all if released.
I would definately buy One Million Years BC from Fox and Brides of Dracula & Curse of the Werewolf from Universal.
C'mon don't they realize that 2002 is the year for classic Hammer. :D

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I will buy practically every Hammer title that comes out from whatever studio. It's that simple - get on with it, Universal and Fox!

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
Yep, like Peter, I'll buy every single Hammer release, regardless of studio. I prefer special editions, but must confess, I still buy the bare bones editions too (this in no way is meant to give you, Fox and Universal, any license to release anything short of ground-breaking Special Editions ;) ). As to the current Hammer discs available, the two Images, the one Warner, the one MGM, and the countless Anchor Bays (20+?), I am only missing Images Spaceways, but it's only a matter of time. I also have quite a number of doubles that I dole out as gifts from time to time.
So get on it youse guys! Long live Hammer! :emoji_thumbsup:
OT: By the way, anyone interested in the GDI Hammer soundtrack cds from the U.K., head over to www.deepdiscountcd.com. They have 'em for 11.77 each! Do an advanced search on "GDI" as the production company, and they'll come up.

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Here are votes for the two Hammer films I definitely want:
Curse of the Werewolf (Universal/Hammer, 1961)
Countess Dracula (Fox/Hammer, 1970)

Brandon Gantt

Second Unit
And I certainly wouldn't mind Hammer's first TV series with FOX, Journey to the Unknown (1968). It has a very Outer Limits/Twilight Zone feel. If FOX can cough up the awful Planet of the Apes tv series, surely they can release a quality programme like this and the Hammer House of Mystery and Suspense (1984).

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
I would love to see Universal release BRIDES OF DRACULA, THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA(1960) and an anamorphic remaster of KISS OF THE VAMPIRE(the Image DVD is ok but could be a lot better).

Donald W

Stunt Coordinator
Thank god at last! I have a very well worn out VHS Horror of Dracula and I've waited a long time for a nice DVD of it...lets hope that Christoper Lee will get to do a track on both of Warners DVDs

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I hope that the next batch of horror films that Universal releases before Halloween will include 1 or 2 Hammer titles. Universal is really slow in getting their catalog titles out, which is the same strategy they took on their laser releases.

Brandon Gantt

Second Unit
Why do major companies think horror titles can only be released around Halloween? I'll take it all year long if they provide it!
Now having said that, Universal doesn't have any horror titles planned this Halloween season.:frowning:

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Brandon Gantt wrote:

It's their lazy, unimaginative, mass-minded marketing departments. If it ain't Hallowe'en, they don't know what to do with "niche product". And if your number isn't called within that brief two-month window, it's wait till next year (maybe!).

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Now having said that, Universal doesn't have any horror titles planned this Halloween season.
May I ask where you got this info?
If this is true then I believe there will be plenty of upset people who are waiting for the next batch of Horror Classics this Aug/Sept. :frowning:

Donald W

Stunt Coordinator
Not all horror films come out at Halloween all the time...Universal put out Dracula on DVD around Christmas in 1999

JulianK

Supporting Actor
Warner Home Video / Studio Canal own the rights to One Million Years BC in the UK, and will be releasing it on July 29th. The disc will be widescreen (1.85:1, no mention of anamorphic enhancement), and will contain interviews with Raquel Welch and Ray Harryhausen and a theatrical trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks