What's new

Universal’s Free DVD offer (1 Viewer)

wally

Second Unit
Just curious if anyone know if the free DVDs offered by Universal in the January 2003 offer are the same as what is on the store shelf.

I just mailed my order today. I guess you can’t go wrong either way for two DVDs for $2.95 S&H, just wondering!

Yes 14 of the 16 discs offered free are specified widescreen.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Most of those "Buy 1/Get 1 free" deals are the same DVD's that you get in stores . I doubt they'd take on additional production costs just to give it away.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Yeah, they are extra stock they have sitting around in back, for whatever reason... that they mass produced and they didn't move, or there are new editions comming out, like Universal including Black Hawk Down, Labrynth, and Dark Crystal in recent promotional offeres.

I'm looking forward to Jaws and A Beautiful Mind, myself!

Jay Rodriguez

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone received their DVD's yet? My shipping & handling check still has not cleared, and I'm wondering if they've begun shipping these out yet.

Dave Gilbert

Second Unit
I know a couple of Canadians here have, myself included.
I haven't heard of anyone south of the border who received their's yet, though.

wally

Second Unit
Jay you beat me to it. I was going to post later today on status.

I have not received mine yet. I haven't checked to see if my check has cleared.

Too bad, I was in the mood for JP III this week-end:frowning:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
They'll be the same as in stores, but they may have a punch-out or some other marking on the UPC code to signify they were a promotional item.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I posted a question on this in the Studio Feedback section yesterday, asking if anyone had gotten them...

Then, boom, I get home that day, and there they were in my mailbox. Just really funny.

But yes, I've got them. They had a deep scratch over the UPC, but I've got brand-new free copies of A Beautiful Mind and Jaws!

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
WTF????????????

Just got mine today. I was expecting Mystery Men and Jaws .

I got Mystery Men alright but they sent me Jaws 2 instead of the original. Now, I realize that these were free, but honestly!

Did anyone else have this happen to them?

BradyB

Stunt Coordinator
Got mine today, Jurassic Park III and The Lost World, both have the UPC scratched off by a sander or something... ah well they were 3$.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
How do I get in on this? I am in Canada, and just heard about it now.
My form says "Offer good only in the U.S." Not sure if there's a separate Canadian offer or not.

Basically, you have to buy two of these four: About a Boy, Blue Crush, Undercover Brother, The Bourne Identity, then follow the instructions on the coupon enclosed.

The U.S. offer expires on 4/21/03.

Dave Gilbert

Second Unit
There is a Canadian equivalent.

The offer is valid with the purchase of the same DVDs as the American offer, but with a slightly different selection of movies available for free.

Check out this thread for details.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I had just remembered this a couple days ago when I went to watch Bourne Identity...and can't find my sales receipt :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks