Unibox 4.00 released

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jack Gilvey, Jul 2, 2002.

1. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter

About time... I was talking to Kristian several months ago about updating it. He never said it would take so long.

Stereodude

2. Kyle Richardson

Kyle Richardson Screenwriter

Hey, for this quality of software one must be grateful he doesnt charge for it [​IMG]

3. Hank Frankenberg

Hank Frankenberg Cinematographer

I just bought the Eminence design software from Parts Express, but haven't used it yet? What is the concensus opinion of the best design software now? Is it this new Unibox, is it WinISD Pro? or what?

4. Isaac C

Isaac C Stunt Coordinator

Hank,
    The best speaker design programs are still LspCAD and SoundEasy. Windows LEAP is coming soon, let's see what it can do [​IMG]
    As far as freeware box design program goes, it depends on which feature(s) is most helpful to you. Try them all and see for yourself [​IMG]
    Unibox
    winISD Pro
    Subwoofer Simulator
    More freeware tools from the FRD Group (Paul's BDS is especially impressive)
    I think they all work well together. Everything you'd need to design boxes is already out there and free. More features and programs to come for sure...
    Isaac

5. Griff

Griff Stunt Coordinator

What is the most highly regarded Xover simulator? Preferably free.

6. Isaac C

Isaac C Stunt Coordinator

griff,
    I'd like to say Crossover Simulator is the best [​IMG] [​IMG] , but I still haven't gotten around to finishing it due to time limitations [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Speaker Workshop comes to mind and I think I recall someone saying component values were easy enough to manually optimise using (DOS-based) Netcalc.
    As for commercial software, I think SoundEasy is the best in filter design/simulation and it's cheaper than LspCAD Pro.
    Isaac