Uni Remote

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by Luke Moody, Jun 1, 2003.

1. Luke Moody

Luke Moody Auditioning

Hi Guys
    I live in Melbourne, Australia and want to buy a uni remote (touch screen). I have read all the threads etc. but I am wondering what are my options living in Australia? Where can I buy one from? Order it in? HT shop?? I think the 2 best I have come up with were the Phillips Pronto (Which model?) and the mx-500. Any other better ones?

What do you guys in Australia think?

2. Ron_L

Ron_L Second Unit

I just got the Pronto TSU3000 and it's seems to be a pretty good unit.

3. Steve_Wingman

I've had my MX-500 for a week and the possibilities are endless..and programing is quite simple. Was recommended to me by a HT contractor that uses the MX line.
    later,
    -Steve

4. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Supporting Actor

Luke: IMO, the 2 remotes you've mentioned are the best of their types. The Pronto for it's flexibility, PC setup and cool looks...and the 500 for it's tactile button-based approach (the MX-500 is not a touchscreen.) Depending on which type you prefer, you'll likely be very happy with either one.

5. JamesCB

JamesCB Second Unit

Just to clarify, the MX500 has a combination of touch screen and hard buttons. The MX700 has no touch screen.

6. Jim Lenneman

Jim Lenneman Stunt Coordinator

Actually, the MX-500 is not a touchscreen. The "window" is just a display. The buttons along the side select the function that is on the display - just like the MX-700.

Jim L

7. JamesCB

JamesCB Second Unit

VERY sorry, my bad. I was thinking of the MX-1000.