What's new

Uni Remote (1 Viewer)

Luke Moody

Auditioning
Hi Guys
I live in Melbourne, Australia and want to buy a uni remote (touch screen). I have read all the threads etc. but I am wondering what are my options living in Australia? Where can I buy one from? Order it in? HT shop?? I think the 2 best I have come up with were the Phillips Pronto (Which model?) and the mx-500. Any other better ones?

What do you guys in Australia think?

Ron_L

Second Unit
I just got the Pronto TSU3000 and it's seems to be a pretty good unit.

I've had my MX-500 for a week and the possibilities are endless..and programing is quite simple. Was recommended to me by a HT contractor that uses the MX line.
later,
-Steve

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Luke: IMO, the 2 remotes you've mentioned are the best of their types. The Pronto for it's flexibility, PC setup and cool looks...and the 500 for it's tactile button-based approach (the MX-500 is not a touchscreen.) Depending on which type you prefer, you'll likely be very happy with either one.

JamesCB

Second Unit
Just to clarify, the MX500 has a combination of touch screen and hard buttons. The MX700 has no touch screen.

Jim Lenneman

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, the MX-500 is not a touchscreen. The "window" is just a display. The buttons along the side select the function that is on the display - just like the MX-700.

Jim L

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks