What's new

uni-directional cables which way? (1 Viewer)

Tommy_Y

Grip
If I have some monster cables with an arrow on them and I'm hooking this cable up between an amp and the CD player, which side does the arrow go on? The signal is going from the CD play to the amp so I put the arrows going into the amp. Was this correct?

TIA.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
I'm assuming the "amp" is a receiver because without volume control you're going to have bleeding ears. :)
Yes, you're correct. The arrows should point in the direction of the signal flow. However, I think it's marketing junk as I've never been able to hear any difference. Then again, I'm not a believer in cables so take my opinion as such.

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
the cables are built with the shield electrically connected at one end only, so as to not have a path for a ground loop. the arrows are provided as markers to let you know that you have both cables hooked up with the shield connected to the same piece of equipment, whether it is the source or receiving component.

Tommy_Y

Grip
Thanks guys. I just picked up a set up Triangle Titus 202s and am enjoying them thoroughly. I like a lot of instrumental and jazz stuff. Right now I'm listening to some Kenny G and it sounds great. I can't imagine these speakers will get even better when they are broken in. Triangle says give them 100 hours for break in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks