What's new

Unhappy w/ Onkyo TX-SR600. Need Recommendations for Alternative in this Price Class! (1 Viewer)

Christo

Agent
Those that own the Onkyo 600, what is your volume setting usually at, for watching movies???

Have you adjusted any of the speaker levels independently??

mike_frontier

Supporting Actor
Hi,

I had both tested on an Onkyo TXSR500 which was rated at 65watts x 5

and which I returned the Onkyo back to get an H/K AVR125 which was only rated at 45x5 and I was so much happier with the sound it produced and delivered with the crisp and if I wanted it louded it has no distortion at any lever.

I love the H/K avr125!

The only thing that sucks about the H/K is the owners manual. So damn confusing.

-but thats it, other then that two thumbs up!!

Try the H/K receivers that are on the market at your local retail store.

Rick_Brown

Second Unit
I have the 696, which is quite similar, and rated at 100 watts a channel. I have to turn it up to around 50 at least for movies. The volume dial is "logarithmic", meaning that the rate of subjective increase in volume is slow at first, and then much faster as you turn it up. You can't compare this kind of volume control at all with the old 1-to-10 type of knob.

MancusoB

Agent
I have the TX-SR600 with Inifinty Entra speakers. I could not be happier with the sound!

I typically listen to music at about 65 and movies at about 70.

It's my understanding (and experience) that the Onkyo volume control is not linear, but logrithmic. This gives a really great control over the volume at low levels when you're just playing background music.

Robert James Clark

Second Unit
I have a new Onkyo 600 and the sound quality and dynamic capability for my JBL S38's are excellent. Very good receiver for the money I paid ($320).

Christo

Agent
MancusoB
Your neighbors must love you

I listen to movies at a max of 60 and I'm shaking the walls

What size room are you in?

Sonnyc

Grip
If you have Fry's in your area, check it out. I saw the H/K 320 selling for $299 at 2 Fry's stores in my area. They are brand new as well as demo/opened box ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks