What's new

Unfinished Business in Final Fantasy 7 (Emerald) (1 Viewer)

James D S

Screenwriter
So I'm sitting in front of the tube, staring at a stack of consoles (and wondering how I'm going to fit a couple more in) then back to the software shelf. I do this a couple of times until something catches my eye - Final Fantasy 7. Then it hits me - I did not beat the Emerald Weapon. Being the completist I am, I dust disc 3 off and pop it into the Playstation. I found my save from before the final trek to the main baddie, Seppie.
I load it up and become reacquainted with my boys. Cloud, Vincent, and Cid - All on 99 and loaded for bear.
After racking my brain trying to remember where the beast was hiding from me, I jump into the sub and search him out. I found him, sitting smugly in a crater looking at my ship as it approached. I ram him - Thinking in my mind that I should get a few first hit points for the effort.
I quickly establish what I will do if character X gets the first swing. Then I map out my strategy - A fool proof plan to hit him with the fist of God and be done in time for supper.
Eight tries later I find that my plan sucks.
On the ninth try, the planets align and the plan seems to be working. I got Cloud to start the melee - Two consecutive Knights of the Round, followed by mimes from the other two. In my next round, I have Cloud cast Knights of the Round followed by the Phoenix summon (my patented move for when things get hairy and my little guys are falling like flies.) I mime that too. All told, I dropped 8 Knights of the Round on that m*therf*ck*r not to mention several 8000-9999 pt. counterstrikes peppered about for good measure. In a conservative estimate, I drew blood to the tune of 808,000 hit points.
He's still sitting down there in his crater... laughing.
Anyone with some tips? I'm desperate over here.
[Edited last by James D S on November 06, 2001 at 04:01 AM]

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
Sorry, I don't remember offhand... that game was years ago for me but do a search at Yahoo! under Final Fantasy 7 or try to dig up the walkthrough book. I know for a fact that I saw how to beat the Emerald either online or in the book.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
GameFaqs is your friend. I repeat: GameFaqs is your friend.
Seriously, if there's a game you're stuck on, if there's cheat codes you're wanting, have a look at GameFaqs, they really do have guides to most games out there.
------------------
Nothing In Particular

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Speaking of unfinished business in Final Fantasy 7..
I picked this one up for $8.99 at my local B&M 6 months, never having played it before (i know, i know). I feared the game would be too difficult for me, since I have never ever excelled at RPGs. Unfortunately those fears were realized. I was raised on platformers and puzzle adventure games and I lack the skill, strategy and patience for the long complicated boss battles in RPGs.
I had barely scratched the surface of the game when I realized I had backed myself into a proverbial corner, no potions, low on magic and items and no way to accumulate them and save my game afterwards. And that blasted elevator fight (when only special attacks do any damage). Imagine my anger when, after polishing them off, the game switches to yet another boss fight, without allowing for a save point. That boss made short work of me and I have to start all over again, collecting items for hours and fighting the 3 boss fights all over again.
Needless to say, it will be a very rainy Monday when I revisit this title.
rolleyes.gif

Joseph

James D S

Screenwriter
Thanks Brian. That link provided me with some strategies I'd never thought of before. Hopefully, my unfinished business won't be unfinished for long.
Peace.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I'll tell you right now, it takes sheer luck to beat that guy. Knights of the Round sure do go a long way.
------------------
"I don't know, Marge. Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer J. Simpson
"Let's see, Matt Chmiel has Rini Bell, NickSO has Mena Suvari, John Williamson has Ivana Milisevic, and Steve Gon has Emmanuelle Beart...who the hell do I have???
"It's not Pikeville, Kentucky. It's Pikevool!!! And it's not Louisville, it's Loolvool!!! Get it right, damnit!!!"
My DVD Collection

chris_sharpe

Stunt Coordinator
get "underwater materia" gets rid of time limit
then on all characters if possible
"final attack+phoenix summon" to bring back dead characters
"quadra magic+knights of the round" to thump the green giant
"mimic" see above
as many "counter attack" as possible see above
"HP plus"
"MP plus"
and a lot of luck if you survive first 2 rounds you should win no problem
good luck
p.s. have all materia mastered of course and do not bother with regular attack waste of time
NOW IF YOU BEAT EMERALD TRY OMEGA WEAPON IN FFVIII
THEN TRY OZMA IN FFX I'VE BEEN TRYING FOR 8 MONTHS
------------------
MY POWER ANIMAL TOLD ME TO SLIDE.
MY DVD LIST(SILENTBOB96)

James D S

Screenwriter
Does anyone remeber how they came across the "Final Attack" materia. I've come across two sources that conflict. One says Chocobo racing and the other, Battle Arena. I have raced for hours with no sign of "Final Attack."
Thanks.

chris_sharpe

Stunt Coordinator
I'll field this one
you have to win the gold saucer secret dual to get "final attack"
to open secret dual you have to
1) get OMNISLASH from battle arena prize list(64000 points)
2) get W-SUMMON also from battle arena prize list(32000)
3) get ULTIMATE WEAPON from the the creature Ultimate Weapon
Equip all 3 on Cloud and enter the battle arena and choose the hidden dual WARNING VERY HARD! ...unless
EQUIP Cloud with
Ultima Weapon sword
Ribbon
and the materia
Same as the Emerald Weapon set up
avoid the harmful spins each round of course
the only hard guy is the last Prod Cloud(the boss from Midgar)
And as always a little bit of luck!
Message me if you need more help
------------------
MY DVD LIST(SILENTBOB96)

James D S

Screenwriter
Thanks again Chris. I picked up Final Attack and trounced the green beast on the next try. It was all about that Phoenix/Final Attack combo.
Thanks everyone!

chris_sharpe

Stunt Coordinator
Cool man good job
The Final attack Pheonix combo makes you fairly invincible just wait until you you have 3 of each mastered on each character you will never die again.. well for more then a few seconds that is.
------------------
MY DVD LIST(SILENTBOB96)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks