What's new

Unfinished basement to HT (1 Viewer)

Eric Bass

Second Unit
Yes at long last I have myself a basement. I began moving into a duplex as of Tuesday and it comes equipped with a nice dry basement. Currently a roughtly 13'x13' space has been sectioned off by a makeshift wall. This area is where I will be setting up shop. My basement doorway is directly accross from the neighbor's basement doorway at the bottom of a stairway. Could anyone offer advice on options for minimizing how much sound carries into my neighbor's basement, as well as up into the rest of my duplex? In addition I'd like to get the more experienced members' opinions on whether the space available will suffice or whether the makeshift wall should go, which is an option. Haven't been down this road before so any advice is appreciated.

Howard_A

Stunt Coordinator
I wrote a web page that tells what I did about sound control in my theater. You might find something useful for your situation.
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks