Unfair Trade Practices

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Nibeck, May 24, 2001.

1. Dave Nibeck

Dave Nibeck Stunt Coordinator

My wife has been trying to get me to build an enclosed porch off of our family room (home theater). She advises that the rear sliding door needs ample shading so we can install a FPTV in the family room!
    How is that for negotiation.
    ------------------
    I am a meat popsicle.

2. Greg Risley

Greg Risley Second Unit

Your point being? Go Bob Villa Go! Post pictures after you finish the porch.
    Greg

3. Brett Robert

Brett Robert Agent

Sounds like she has been talking to mine.

4. Chad Isaacs

Chad Isaacs Supporting Actor

LOL,sounds like a friend of mine.His wife told him he can have whatever he wants as long as he spends an equal amount on her at the same time.
    He just joined the wonderful world of dvd a few months ago.
    Funny thing is,he is the one that got me hooked on home theater in the first place,I have had a dvd player for almost 2 years
    ------------------
    "And the horse i rode in on?"...Marge Simpson

5. Kerry Hackney

Kerry Hackney Stunt Coordinator

They must be in a secret club together. I finished my 281s months ago. Next I wanted to build the subs... BUTTTT NNOOOOOO!! I have to build on to the deck out back first. Then we can think about subs next winter after it's no longer outdoor project weather. I hate flowers, I hate trees, I hate grass,... life has no meaning without a good audio DIY project underway.

6. Rob Lloyd

Rob Lloyd Stunt Coordinator

I'm building a rather large china cabinet/hutch for the wife. I need a "box" to put on my workbench to raise up my dovetail jig. Hmmm... 19"x20" would work, a couple holes strategically placed here and there. Route out the dovetails on her project and then pop in the subwoofer, PR and amp. She even paid for the box materials!
    Now I'm trying to figure out how to build some new front speakers w/o her getting too upset.
    Life is full of compromises!
    -Rob Lloyd
    ------------------
    Rob Lloyd
    Rob's Web Page