What's new

Uneven Surround Speaker Placement (1 Viewer)

JamieS

Stunt Coordinator
My new HT room is 15 Wide by 17 long.

There is a 3 foot "wall" (well 3 feet up the wall there is a big opening like a window) that just outso here is my question.

The best place to put my couch will mean if I sit in the middle of the couch one surround will be 3 feet farter away then the other surround. Same height just 3 feet farter away.

I have Monitor 7 Front cc370 Mini Monitor rears. I have not purchased the new reciever yet but it will probably be NAD T752. The Couch will be centered between the fron two speakers but will that 3 foot difference in the surrounds be a big deal? Can I simply compensate with delay or adjusting the volume of the surrounds.

I need help on this one!

I would not think it would make a huge differnce as all movie theatre seats are the same distance from left and right but what do I know:)

John F. Palacio

Supporting Actor
I would not loose any sleep over it. Most receivers have delays to compensate for different distances and all have level adjustments. In any event, like you said, unless you seat in the center, you will have a similar issue in most theaters.

FYI I have a similar situation as yours and have not had a problem.

Go for it!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I have the same thing as well, one is about 1-1/2 ft farther away. Receiver distance setting and proper calibration with an SPL meter makes them sound just fine.

I would not think it would make a huge differnce as all movie theatre seats are the same distance from left and right...
HUH? Only the CENTER seats are approximately equally spaced from the right and left speakers. There are also quite a few more speakers along side the seating area in most theaters.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks