What's new

Underworld (1 Viewer)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Don't you just love these budding film critics' response when you ask them why they can't just enjoy the movie without picking apart every last detail?
Damn rin, it's too bad you weren't there to inspire Bazin or Kael with these words of wisdom.

Unfortunately the inspiration is lost on me as I find them rather moronic. I thought the very point of loving films was to love every little bit of them, to pour over them again and again and relish in their very essence.

But according to you they are snack cakes meant to be eaten and tossed aside. Yes, clearly YOU are the one who has a real interest and respect for films.

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
I don't recall them suing New Line over Blade and Blade 2, and there were similarities in those movies also.
Well, WW has always been rather lazy about protecting what seems to be their intellectual property. Perhaps they've finally woken up and realized that unless they start protecting it they'll have no legal ground on which to challenge anything since you have to be actively trying to protect it to actually claim damages from something like that.

As for the timing concerning Underworld just being released, I wonder how much info they really had on the film until now. I didn't even know about this movie until not too long ago, it pretty much flew under my radar completely, which is rare.

rin

Stunt Coordinator
Seth,
I was only stating my opinion that it's hard to enjoy a film when you go into it with a negative attitude to start, then proceed to nitpick it to death, obsessing over every minor little (perceived) problem, as a professional film ctitic might. I don't know, kind of takes all the fun out of it for me. Lighten up and suspend disbelief a little bit.

BTW, I found your post to be borderline offensive. I don't really like being called moronic. You might want to tone it down a bit.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I saw a new teaser yesterday while watching football. It was better at explaining the plot.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

I'm not sure. I was watching football with some people as well. One said the trailer looked "interesting," but had no idea what the story was about when I asked them. When I said it was about a battle between werewolves and vampires, they were surprised because they didn't recall seeing any vampires in the trailer but acknowledged that a couple of shots of "big dogs" might have been werewolves.

Oh, and one thought that the release date that came up at the end was really the title. :rolleyes

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Just as a note, some reviews are up on AICN and Dark Horizons. The AICN reviews are negative, and the ones on DH are pretty mixed. I'm still going to go see it, despite all that, since my expectations weren't huge for this film anyways...

Jason

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
john doran wrote (post #93):

I don't see anybody "bashing" the film. But, however "great" the action set pieces may turn out to be in of themselves, the aggregate of great set pieces does not in and of itself a "great film" make. The place where the film can shine is in how creatively it treats its fantasy elements, and I'm highly doubtful (but also highly hopeful) on that count. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting, if I were you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks