What's new

Underworld (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
This looks excellent. I might just make a trek to the theater for it, if not, it'll make from one great DVD.

Peace Out~:D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps it's the slow build/buzz marketing campaign, just to get that vibe going for the fall release.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the heads-up, Thom.

So now this one kinda looks like Romeo and Juliet - only instead of Montagues and Capulets we got... Vampire and Werewolves!

SIGN ME UP!!

The first trailer is also quite cool. Dig that funky tune.

Enthusiastically looking forward to Underworld and Ms. Beckinsale's black-leather-clad posterior,

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
So now this one kinda looks like Romeo and Juliet - only instead of Montagues and Capulets we got... Vampire and Werewolves!
You didn't know this? Check out post #3 in this thread. ;)

This film is still a good while off. At least there will be some Fangoria coverage next issue to help tide me over. :)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
While merely a pastiche of other recent "trend" action movies (The Matrix, Blade, The Crow, etc)...I still REALLY enjoyed this trailer. The action snippets looked exciting and fun, Kate looks incredible, and the passable CG (I am being nice) looks like it will at least work.

In short, that trailer increased my excitement for this film quite a bit. One of the better trailers I have seen in a long time. The best part is...there were some nice touches beyond the genres in the trailer. I hope that is indicative (word power!) of the film. September is looking like a great month for creative action fans (with this and Once Upon A Time in Mexico).

Can't wait,
Chuck

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
It does look good and it will be interesting to see if Scott Speadman can do more than his frowny Felicity character Ben.

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
SciFiWire: "Finding Underworld's Uniqueness"http://scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2003-08/05/11.00.film

dateline: August 5, 2003 9:00 a.m. ET

Len Wiseman: "At first I thought, that's the lamest idea [writing the movie as a vampire-werewolf Romeo and Juliet-story] I've ever heard in my life."

I think he had it right the first time. Now, if one were trying to bring something like The Munsters to the big screen, that might be a great direction to take, . . . .

"Ripley and Hicks"? I don't remember any romance there. Respect, certainly. Affection, maybe. No romance.

To those who like the idea of a Romeo and Juliet-scenario, why not just see or rent the DiCaprio (or some other recent twenty-something) revisionist version? What's the appeal of this?

I don't see how this can work without being laughably incredible (or is that "incredibly laughable"???). Of course, it depends on what "works" for you.

The anticipatory reactions in this thread seem to indicate that the points of appeal about this film to a mass audience are (in order) (1) the girl in slick leather and (2) the "action sequences" (vampires with guns and "martial arts"?!?!?). (Do the werewolves get RPG's?)

I note in the postings no werewolf pictures. Are they hiding the lycanthropic make-up (effects?)?

This might make a good "action movie", but I hate to tell Mr. Wiseman: "unique" it ain't!

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Been seeing quite a bit of the trailer for Underworld on TV lately, and I am totally psyched. September 19th can't come soon enough!

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Saw the trailer a couple of times on TV the other night, looks really cool, and really derivative. The look of the effects made me think this was a promo for a new TV-series though (actually, the first few moments of the trailer made me hope that "Birds of Prey" had been resurrected :)), I hadn't heard anything about this movies before and was surprised to see at the end of the trailer that it was a movie.

Unless it gets stellar reviews, this is a rental for me.

Dave Gilbert

Second Unit
It's being screened as part of Midnight Madness at the Toronto Film Festival. I think I'll try to get an early look, even if it means dragging ass at work the next day. If I manage to get tickets, I'll post a review.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
That poster is indeed great. It was great the first time too:

Perhaps the same crew is involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks