What's new

Underworld Triple Dip? (1 Viewer)

Guido

Stunt Coordinator
So Sony supposedly in January is doing Underworld again.

The limited edition is supposedly out in Jan, 19.94 SRP, the Extended Unrated plus an Evolution preview disc.

Is this the same cut with an Evolution promo or something else entirely?

I can't fathom a triple dip on this, any word?

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Wouldn't it actually be a quadruple dip at this point? There was the original release (OAR and MAR, but it's probably fair to count that as a single "dip"), the Superbit edition, and the extended edition.

DJ

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It was a cool movie, but it really isn't even worth a double, triple and certainly not a quadruple dip, IMO. Even at $10, the SB wasn't worth it already. I sold the original version when the SE came out.

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
Why do superhuman supernatural beings like these vampires and werewolves need... guns to kill each other? I never understood that.

But, I forgive so much for my Kate in tight black vinyl...

MC

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I thought Kate looked better in Van Helsing though, but she's pretty much the main reason why I went to see and purchased UW :D

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
First Snatch, now UW, Columbia keeps going.....

How about a deluxe SE of Bram Stoker's Dracula with all of the cool stuff that was on the Criterion LD?

:) d

MichaelBA

Supporting Actor

Hmm.

But a werewolf IS vulnerable to a silver bullet, no?

Actually, I think that folkloric tradition renders any number of supernatural beings vulnerable to a silver bullet, but its specific association arose from the 1941 WOLF MAN film.

Anyway, guns are de rigueur in Hollywood, eh?

But I agree that it's lame to think a gun could kill, say, Count Orlock! No!

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Hey, what's it matter whether someone's head is taken off by a blade or an Uzi? The way I figure it, it's lame to think vampires and vampire hunters would still be using wooden sticks while the rest of the world is availing themselves of far more effective weapons.

Patrick Soucy

Second Unit
"Why do superhuman supernatural beings like these vampires and werewolves need... guns to kill each other? I never understood that. "

Well, with guns, you van kill with a better distance... This is better for humans, why not for vampires/werewolves?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yeah man, nobody ever heard of using fire agaist them? :D If they have the technology to create those cool bullets, then why can't they just come up with better weapons?

John*D

Second Unit
Same reason all movies get REreleased on DVD when a SEQUEL is about to be released...

If you don't already own the extended cut, this is a good opportunity to get it + some additional stuff for U: Evolution. I wonder if a free movie ticket will be included?

I just ordered the SUPERBIT b/c of the BB sale. I'd get a Trilogy DVD boxset once the 3rd film is done, supposively they want to do a trilogy?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks