What's new

Underworld 2 (1 Viewer)

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Just caught this trailer on Apple's site and I think it looks freaking amazing. Link

I am definitely there on opening day.

Also count me in as one who loved the first film.

BridgetJZ

Second Unit
The first Underworld is one of those films that critics didn't like, but your average moviegoer did. If I remember correctly, the DVD sold pretty well, right??

I liked the first one...like many other people it exceeded my expectations. The trailer for Evolution looks totally wicked, though. Bigger action, bigger effects, count me in.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

It sold like hotcakes.

I'm so there on opening day, the trailer just clinched it. Love the Marcus the Man-Bat thing going on.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I had problems with the first one...but I still like the premise of Vampires and Werewolves being at war (well, I guess no longer). I'll check this one out. It can't be any worse than Blade Trinity, right? Right?

Beau

Supporting Actor
I liked the first one. Sure, I only saw it to see Kate Beckinsale in tight leather, but it was a cool movie aswell, Vampires are awesome and should be in more movies. I'll see the second.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Kate Beckinsale in leather again. That makes it worth checking out, and the film's producer's are banking on it. :D

On a side note, am I the only only one who is TOTALLY sick of the guy who's doing 99% of the trailer voiceover work in L.A. these days? Every time I hear that mock-serious talking-through-his-nose voice it makes me want to hit the mute button! He's completely annoying.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
No HD trailer? What a rip.

Kate in leather was the best part of the movie. It had some other good stuff, but I was also mildly disappointed when I saw it in the theater.

But unless the reviews are horrible, I will probably see this one in the theater too.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I would love to see thsi in theaters. They're going to repackage the extended cut DVD to include a sneak peak of the sequel (and maybe they will include a free movie ticket to the sequel).

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
I really, really dislike any full-CGI character in a live action film. The technology simply does not exist yet to make it (the CGI beasty) match the practical effects and actors/actresses yet. So I'll skip this one at the theater until Hollywood stops being so damned lazy with their FX.

Underworld = Good enough :emoji_thumbsup:

Underworld 2 = will wait for DVD/BR

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Except Smeagol/Gollum. I'm not in the camp of people who thought he looked like a real character, but in the fantasy world of LOTR, it was a notable CGI performance. I won't come to any conclusions about Underworld 2 until the time comes.

BridgetJZ

Second Unit
Even since LOTR, CGI technology has improved quite a bit. It also appears as though the director's gotten a bigger budget for this one.

The effects in the trailer look good to me.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Post #21:
It seems as though the trailer is now missing from Apple's website -- or is it just me? Can it be found anywhere else?

Ted

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
No, it's definitely not you. I just upgraded my connection to the internet and gave it a spin around the trailers page. I got a QuickTime symbol with a ? over it and the other trailers that I looked at loaded fine. Good thing I saved the trailer the first time around.

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
The trailer looks pretty damn good. Seems to keep the same look and feel of the first flick, and gives us more Selene and more of the cool style those of us who appreciated Underworld dug so much.

I knew they were working on the movie, but I had no idea it was so close to release; the trailer says January. I hope they mean that, it'd rock to see it in only two months.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I found underworld to be far more interesting then both matrix and blade. I heard they originally wanted to release it in december, but then bumped it to january..

I had heard so many negative stuff on the movie that I had missed it in the theatre.. I did rent it on dvd and I enjoyed it very much.

the sound on the dvd was just amazing too.

I do look forward to the sequel.

JACOB

BridgetJZ

Second Unit
jacob, this is the reason why I forsee this one doing okay. I think that the sequel has much more of a fanbase than the first one primarily because so many people did rent/buy it and really enjoyed it (myself included).

Ugh, I have yet to see the trailer on the big screen -- anyone know which films its attached to?

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I remember the first movie doing pretty well over the weekend.. it did not cost that much to make.. they were already made the money back on the first weekend.
could maybe open bigger now.

JACOB

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Sequels often open bigger (it might even happen the majority of time), for the fanbase/known quantity reasons mentioned. However -- and this is definitely true the majority of time -- sequels aren't as good; or rather, they suck. There are notable exceptions of course. I've got my fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks