1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Underwater treasure movies: what are the good'uns?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Rob_Walton, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Rob_Walton

Rob_Walton Second Unit

The Deep remains a firm favourite of mine, all these years after having first watched it - the clear blue water, the gruff old sea dog (Robert Shaw), Jacqueline Bisset's wet T-shirt, the mystery of buried treasure in an ancient wreak. It's a classic. But what are some other good examples of this niche of film-making? Into the Blue isn't great, and Boy on a Dolphin is pretty hackneyed - despite the recompense of Jessica Alba and Sophia Loren, respectively, in swiming cossies. So what would other HTFsers recommend in this type of movie?

2. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

Into the Blue came to my mind first - the scenery was awesome. But since you don't like it...

I liked the underwater shots in After the Sunset and Goonies! [​IMG] Thunder in Paradise has tons and tons of underwater treasure stuff - not the best movie or show, but it's something

ry

3. Patrick H.

Patrick H. Second Unit

It's not really the focus of the movie, but you can't forget Kirk Douglas and Peter Lorre hauling all that submerged treasure around in '20,000 Leagues Under the Sea'!