Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Title: Underwater

Tagline: 7 miles below the ocean surface something has awakened

Genre: Horror, Science Fiction, Action, Thriller

Director: William Eubank

Cast: Kristen Stewart, Vincent Cassel, Mamoudou Athie, T. J. Miller, John Gallagher Jr., Jessica Henwick, Gunner Wright, Fiona Rene, Amanda Troop

Release: 2020-01-08

Runtime: 95

Plot: After an earthquake destroys their underwater station, six researchers must navigate two miles along the dangerous, unknown depths of the ocean floor to make it to safety in a race against time.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
This trailer did kind of pull me in as yes, it looks like Alien underwater. I know little about this though and obviously it could be just terrible. The people that made it promise it is a lot more than Alien underwater. Is this one that has anybody excited or interested in seeing it?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm intrigued, based on the trailers. Creature design looks great, based on the limited snippets I've seen.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Looking at the director's IMDB credits, he directed 2014's The Signal which was a nice little SF film; so maybe this has some potential. I'm somewhat intrigued by the creature design and I almost always enjoy survival stories (assuming there are any. :) )

Should have some good scares with the creature emerging out of the murky water.

- Walter.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm somewhat intrigued by the creature design and I almost always enjoy survival stories (assuming there are any. :) )
I assume Kristen Stewart's character will survive. Can't have the strong female lead getting eaten by a monster.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I was thinking the same thing. How is this any different than Leviathan?
Well, it isn't, but that was over 30 years ago and there are a couple of generations that have never seen or heard of that movie.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
upload_2020-1-6_16-34-57.png

Kristen Stewart and "friend". There may be a bit of Lovecraftian influence in the design.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Well, let's hope its better than Leviathan. The creature design (at least the teasers we've seen) certainly points to better FX. (30 years is a long time for the advancement of special effects.)

Yeah, I assume that Ripley (err... Norah) will survive. :)

- Walter.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Monster movie with a couple at least decently known names... you might be able to raise nearly that preselling international distribution rights.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Watching Leviathan (1989) now via Amazon Prime. Looks and sounds pretty good. The acting isn't great, but there are some neat Stan Winston practical FX. Though it does seem kind of like an underwater version of The Thing.

Amazon also has DeepStar Six (1989) if anyone's interested in more deep sea monster movies.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Yeah, Leviathan, uh, "borrows" quite a lot from The Thing design-wise. I like Deep Rising better, but it's a fine line. ;)

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks