What's new

Underrated/Overlooked TV series (1 Viewer)

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction? (the Jonathan Frakes seasons)
No offense, but I hope you mean because it's so awful that it's good. This show is as silly and 'damaging' as the Fox specials like the supposed NASA hoax and Alien Autopsy. By damaging, I mean it passes off heresay as fact. The only thing good about it is that the acting and writing are so horrible as to give a good laugh.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Once we have SciFi down for The Invisible Man, how about a vote for Farscape. SciFi is really overlooking this series by cancelling it.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I am shocked by all of the positive comments for that Andy Richter show. I checked it out, because I do like Andy Richter, and admittedly I only saw the one episode...but I thought it was absolutely dreadful. Did I just see a bad episode? It had something to do with Andy and another character on the show trying to butter up their boss (at least I think it was their boss) to get to go on a trip somewhere (can't remember where it was). Just horrible!

As for an overlooked show, 'Street Time' on Showtime. It might be my favorite show on TV right now.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I'm guessing by that that if they can pull a 2.0, the additional ad revenue will cover the increase in cost

I truely believe Scifi has no interest in killing the show, but they also have no interest in losing money on it

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
too said:
The one you mentioned seeing wasn't one of the stronger episodes, at least in my opinion. I think it was one of those episodes where you kind of had to have seen a few episodes and become fond of the characters to really get much out of it. If you're willing to give the series another shot, check out "We're All the Same, Only Different" on Tuesday. I thought it was one of the funniest half-hours of television I've seen in a long, long time. The series' style of humor just might not be up your alley, but I can't remember the last time I fell in love with a series the way I have with Andy Richter Controls The Universe.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Buffy The Vampire Slayer - It may be hailed by fans and critics alike, but it's constantly left out of any form of awards show or anything.

Angel - Usually seen as a mere 'spinoff' of Buffy, but has proven that it's got its own legs, and can stand well.

Popular - What a great satire on high school, and high school portrayals on television. Fantastic series that the WB killed by sticking it on Friday nights, when most of the target audience is busy...

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
I don't think a show can be too overlooked if it runs for five seasons and amasses nearly a hundred episodes.
True. However, if one looks at the amount of media coverage, awards, and buzz that shows like Friends and Will & Grace garner on a regular basis and compare it to Newsradio, well, I don't have to tell you what'll happen. :)

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
According to David Kemper, if we can get a 2.0 rating, there may be a Season 5.
I thought I read that the sets for Farscape had already been destroyed. Is that not the case? If it is, I would think the chances of a 5th season are very slim indeed...

Then again much of the 4th season that we saw last summer sucked anyway, besides the last few eps.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Robert,
regarding your comment about 'Buffy' not getting respect...your damn skippy my friend! I'd buy you a beer for that comment! :emoji_thumbsup:
As for my pick...
He's tough. He's cool. He loves his 44 Magnum like it's a woman. He's...
Sledge Hammer!
David Rashe was my hero back then! :)
"Trust me, I know what i'm doing."

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Brother's Keeper (1998-99): This had some good chemistry and writing, unfortunately it aired as part of ABC's declining TGIF lineup.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Monk - Maybe it's just Murder She Wrote with a different skin, but man is Tony Shaloub excellent in it. Also has some of the best supporting cast around (and Ted Levine doing comedy is revelatory).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks