Undercover 3802??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark JM, Mar 30, 2002.

1. Mark JM

Mark JM Agent

OK, I was looking for a Denon 3802 today and was told that they are so popular that they were back ordered by a couple of months. I was then told that Denon has a parallel line (my words not theirs) where I could pick up a 3802 but with a different model # on it. The reasoning was that Denon had 2 lines so that they could get more authorized dealers in a geographic area, but that the "other line" (with a different model #) was exact to the 3802. Is there any truth to this or should I get out the hip boots and shovel??

Thanks

MJ

Edit to add - BTW, I asked if it was B Stock and was told absolutely not!

2. Ron Alcasid

Ron Alcasid Stunt Coordinator

The Denon AVR-1082 is equivalent to the 3802.

3. Alex Prosak

Alex Prosak Supporting Actor

From what I've been able to pick up on the forum, Denon does have a parallel line. However, I believe it is for their lower line equipment and does not apply to the 3802. I know that they are popular receivers but I'm sure they're not backordered so far back. I can't imagine you'd have too much trouble digging one up fairly easily.

4. Mark JM

Mark JM Agent

Thanks for the info guys! Im sitting here laughing at myself, I guess I might owe the guy an apology just for what I was THINKING while her was telling me abt the different Denon lines. He really was a helpful and sincere guy, but when he went into the "same as with different model #" talk, I thought I was a new guy getting a huge snowjob!! This is why I spend so much time here!! thanks again guys.

Mark

5. Ron Alcasid

Ron Alcasid Stunt Coordinator

6. rodney wiley

rodney wiley Second Unit

I just saw an 1082 for 721.00 shipped. And yes The 3802 is back ordered.I called a local retailer and was told they had been having a dificult time getting it.

7. Mark JM

Mark JM Agent

Ron

Thanks for the links.

I was able to find the 3802 at their web site but I could not find the 1082 for some reason. I just printed out the spects, and the sheet is word for word identical except the 3802 is rated at 110W and the 1082 is rated at 150W. I will go back a little more humbled and see what price I can get on the 1082:b

Thanks again

Mark

8. Matt Malto

Matt Malto Stunt Coordinator

From what I was told, the 1082 is identical except that it has a 1 year warranty instead of the 2 year standard with other Denons. I'm in the market for a 3802 but may have to consider the 1082 now that I've found out about it. I found it several places in the $650 range. That's hard to pass up.

9. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

I don't know why, but Yamaha does this too (or used to?). Their HTR line and their RX-V line. HTR's are allowed to be sold on the web, but RX-V's supposedly are not.

10. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

11. Earl Simpson

Earl Simpson Supporting Actor

Call Steve at 6th ave ext 511 for you 3802's. Tell them earlthepearl sent you.[​IMG]

12. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

Hmm..I thought this "parallel" line of theirs is available only abroad. I was told Denon 1802s were being sold in Asia specifically Philippines..(pearl of the orient....ayos ba?).

13. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Supporting Actor

I saw this post at avsforum. Thought it might prove helpful...
    Denon 3802/1082

14. Mark JM

Mark JM Agent

Thanks for the link to AVS, looks like they were having the same conversation there! I will ask the denon rep that posted there abt the warranty issue!

15. Earl Simpson

Chuck and Mark, Don't slip to the dark side![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Boy, that forum has a really dark background.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Matt Malto

I just ordered a 1082 so I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

17. Mark JM

Mark JM Agent

Matt

Dont know if you looked at the Denon web page or not but just make sure if you bought it online its from an authorized rep, they have WARNINGS all over abt not honoring warrantys from unauthorized distributors. Good luck, I'm gonna try to order one from my friendly (and honest it turns out) dealer this week.

Mark

18. Matt Malto

Mark.

Unfortunately the place I ordered from (Etronics) is not authorized. However, I do know they are an honest operation and safe to order from. I don't really trust most of the other Yahoo stores out there so I'm playing it safe in that regard. I'll just have to cross my fingers that if anything goes wrong with the receiver it happens in the first 30 days (which is when most problems usually show up anyway). If someone knows a reputable authorized dealer with a comparable price ($689) let me know. There's still time to change my order.

19. Earl Simpson

WARNING TO VALUED CONSUMERS:
    The warranty on DENON Electronics products is NOT VALID if the products have been purchased from an unauthorized dealer/on-line E-tailer or if the original factory serial number has been removed, defaced or replaced in any way. Recently DENON Electronics has become aware of numerous instances in which such serial number tampering has occurred. Unauthorized dealers/on-line E-tailers and/or their suppliers frequently alter the serial numbers in an effort to prevent manufacturers from tracing the supplier source. DENON Electronics sell products through authorized retail and on-line channels to insure that consumers obtain quality pre-sale and after-sale support and service. PROTECT YOUR WARRANTY. Buy from an authorized DENON Electronics dealer/E-tailer. Check the unit and its packaging to determine whether the factory serial number may have been altered. If in doubt, call DENON Electronics at (973)396-0810.
    Authorized DENON Online E-Tailers:
    GoodGuys.com
    ListenUp.com
    Sears.com (Limited Selection)
    Crutchfield.com
    Ovation-AV.com
    6th Avenue Electronics.com
    To find a DENON Home Audio Dealer, enter any combination of criteria in the form below.
    Call Steve at 6th Ave.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. rodney wiley

rodney wiley Second Unit

I also purchased a avr-1082 from etronics. Yes no warranty on the product but was offered a 5 year extended warranty. for 89.00 Which for five years really isnt too bad. In actuality You would be paying for a 4year, because it picks up from the date of purchase.If they were authorized it would pick up where the manufactuers left off. If interested call Marty at extension 2217. I may just do it.