What's new

Under the Dome Season 1 (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
TonyD said:
I'm not surprised someone asked because I didnt see aliens.I must have spaced out when they appeared. Were they in this Final episode or a previous one? The way Nelson posted, it looks like they appeared in this episode.
The things that the dead mother apparition was saying indicated (but didn't flat out say or show) that they were aliens.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
They made their first big, direct appearance in last night's episode, in the form of Norrie's mom, though it's possible that Junior's "vision" of Big Jim bleeding out a couple episodes back was another alien-appearance.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Travis! What he said, basically.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I was calling Alice's image, with tongue in cheek, an alien. She spoke of their learning to communicate with Norrie and Joe and Julia and the others. They were slowly figuring it out and whenever they appeared, as Alice, or Joe, the person seeing the entity realized it was a mesage. So it makes sense they are figuring out how to communicate. They said they are responsible for the dome and that they put it up to protect them. But they had to protect the egg, or it meant doom for everyone under the dome. These entities could be from the spirit world, or outer space. On another line of thought, I was beginning to wonder if the dome was purgatory, like Lost. Or even aliens testing humans.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
TravisR said:
The things that the dead mother apparition was saying indicated (but didn't flat out say or show) that they were aliens.
What? Did the deadmom appear I must have spaced. Unless she said as much or we saw them as aliens how would anyone know?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if the dome was to protect them from something happening (eventually) outside the dome? Some world ending event. The mom said it was there to protect them.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Bonkers. The careening storyline and passion for killing off characters is thrilling. The acting is sometimes terrible. And Linda now completely sucks. But ups and downs, this show elicits an emotional response. It's fun to enjoy and fun to hate. I don't know if I'll be back in a year. But I can't say I won't. Because WTF with cryptic apparitions and pink stars and prophetic dead moms?!?!?

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Nelson Au said:
Or even aliens testing humans.
You are spot on here if they remain with the book. It was simple for anyone to figure out if they haven't, like a giant petre dish observing life that you basically consider ants.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
I can't say that I have enjoyed this show much, but there are a few things that slightly stray from the book. That's the MAIN complaint this show has for anyone that's read the book. They simply have NOT changed that much in the story yet to really hook anyone that has. It just comes across as a very LONG drawn out saga for the sake of ratings and not the story itself.

To make this work it should've been either a mini-series adaptation of the book or REALLY chaged and make it "based on" like some other. The show True Blood is a good example of how to base a show on novels and take it totally off the rails. It's just very loosly based on the book and bares nothing in common between the two stories.

Unless they change it a lot next year, can't say I'll be back. It needs to be shaken up a lot more and the acting by those kids and a few others are painful.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I hope there won't be any talk with what happens in the book.I havent read it and I feel like it shouldn't be brought up without spoilers.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Jeffery_H said:
Unless they change it a lot next year, can't say I'll be back. It needs to be shaken up a lot more and the acting by those kids and a few others are painful.
Well, from what I understand about the book, they've used just about as much from that source they can really use and keep on going. So, season two should go elsewhere. I would expect that we might see what has been going on in the rest of the world all this time.

The Alice (alien, higher being or whatever) said the dome was there to protect them - presumably against some event. I have heard that there is a 3 season plan for the show. If so, then I would guess that the event will either take place at the end of the 2nd season or midway through the 3rd season. Also, it doesn't make sense that this one town was the only place one Earth being protected (or will be protected). Maybe we'll see another dome somewhere.

From any of these ideas I think the show can be quite interesting next season. We'll have to see where they go.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
DaveF said:
Bonkers. The careening storyline and passion for killing off characters is thrilling. The acting is sometimes terrible. And Linda now completely sucks.But ups and downs, this show elicits an emotional response. It's fun to enjoy and fun to hate. I don't know if I'll be back in a year. But I can't say I won't.Because WTF with cryptic apparitions and pink stars and prophetic dead moms?!?!?
I also enjoyed the season. Having not read the book probably helped a lot. Definitely a lot of flaws, but still find it enjoyable.

Anybody know if it will be returning? Pretty open ended ending but I hope it comes back for another few seasons.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Stan said:
I also enjoyed the season. Having not read the book probably helped a lot. Definitely a lot of flaws, but still find it enjoyable.

Anybody know if it will be returning? Pretty open ended ending but I hope it comes back for another few seasons.
It got great ratings so it will be back for at least a second summer season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks