What's new

Under $200 5.1 Receiver? (1 Viewer)

John Glover

Auditioning
The Panasonic SA-HE70K will do DPLII, DTS as well as S-video switching. Panasonic claims 100W x 5 (40Hz-20kHz, 6 ohms, 0.9% THD). You get three S-video outputs, 2 optical and one coaxial digital input. I purchased one about 5 months ago from Circuit City for about $190. It's a decent receiver for the money. I've got mine driving a set of four Jamo Surround 100s plus a Jamo Center 100 II and the Sony sub and I'm more than happy with the sound I get. The Jamo surrounds are only rated at 55W and the SA-HE70K provides a nice sound field in my modest family room. All the speakers balanced nicely using the Avia disk at 85dB.

I've not read much on this receiver in any of the forums as it is a pretty new model. My understanding is these new Pannys basically replace the Technics line line of receivers as Panasonic is retiring the Technics name. Granted it's not a Denon or an Onkyo or HK, but it does seem to be a nice bargain for the feature set you get for the price.

John

Mark Romero

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Romero
I paid $197 for a Denon 1800 and now I feel ripped off. Didn't even really need the thing. Just thought it was a deal. Also got a Sony DVP-S300b for $84 and didn't need it either.

Mark Romero

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Romero
True. You know how it goes though. Buy stuff you don't really need but figure you will have a place for it somewhere one of these days? Thanks HTF!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FFMichael
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale